One year later, I'm still a pilot, and I'm not dead

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Edit: yep - I'm about to stroke my ego. Feel free to join :D

I noticed today that I totally forgot about the big day. April 8th was my 1 year anniversary of getting my PPL. Its been one hell of a year.

I got my PPL with 90.5 Hours, after feeling like I'd never get it. Today, I have 210.3 hours. That's about 120 hours in my first year as a pilot.

I Got my PPL with 11.8 hours of cross country time. Today, I have 61.7 hours of cross country time

I got my PPL with 16.6 Hours PIC time. Today, I have 120.6 hours of PIC.

I have landed at 21 of 56 (or 60....) public use airports in New Mexico, 2 airports in Arizona, 1 airport in Colorado, 1 airport in Texas, 1 airport in Oklahoma, and 1 airport in California.

All in all, I'd say I did more flying than I expected in my first year. Now - I have a new goal. I will beat all of those numbers in my second year as a Private Pilot, Airplane Single Engine Land.

Last edited:
April 8 for you, too? That was the 5th anniversary of my passing my check ride. Sounds like you flew a low more last year than I did. Good on you. Keep at it and keep having fun.

Nick, nice job! Are you still going after the IR?

Happy PPL Anniversary. Nick! I can't believe it's been a year already. Wow...time really does fly, doesn't it? (YES--the pun was intended!)

Wishing you many more safe and happy hours in the air (and on the ground).

terry

Back