One of the scariest jet landings ever!

Danny

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Danny
Respect for those pilots! :yesnod:

Great job....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Greased it on..... AND, a wet runway to boot.......

Last edited:
With as much flapping as those wings were doing, they need to rename that plane the blue goose.

Why go around? The conditions would be identical and the landing would look just as sketchy.

Just the same I wouldn't want to have been in 22B on that flight... :eek:

Why go around? The conditions would be identical and the landing would look just as sketchy.

Just the same I wouldn't want to have been in 22B on that flight... :eek:

My thoughts as well..... and watch the trucks, Smooth landing even if the wings were flapping like a ruptured duck.

That's why he gets the big money,good job.

In commercial aviation you don't get to wait until the weather improves, you work with what you have. Some days you just have to work much harder.

Wow. That thing is rocking and rolling just as much as an LSA on a moderately windy day.

Would have been better if we had the soundtrack of the passengers inside to go with it!

Great job by the way, much respect to the PIC.

Going around does nothing for you in those conditions because it's not going to get better. These planes are built to handle a lot. What I always find interesting is watching the wings flex in these conditions.

Take a look at these, a whole bunch look hairier than that one and they are all at the same airport.

BHX crosswinds

I heard henning landed there. Blindfolded. At night. In a snowstorm. While towing a boat.

...with the gear up

IME it's dead silent until touch down then people start cheering.

You must not have flown in the tube of despair lately, every time the plane hits some turbulence people are shrieking and freaking out! That has been my experience anyway but that is mostly on Delta so that could be why?

You must not have flown in the tube of despair lately, every time the plane hits some turbulence people are shrieking and freaking out! That has been my experience anyway but that is mostly on Delta so that could be why?

Why Delta? What's the gag?

Old news. Seriously. Been beaten to death before. Non-event, good landing.

Now let's see how many pages we can drag on about it again .... :popcorn:

A good landing under difficult conditions, but, save the over the top sensationalistic headlines for the news media.

Wow. That thing is rocking and rolling just as much as an LSA on a moderately windy day.

I was repositioning an LSA for a friend, years ago, and landed in Huntsville, Al ona windy day. mcould't believe the turbulence coming in from 4500 down to 1500. Called it in and the tower says, "we had a bunch of jets in earlier for the Alabama game and they didn't mention anything.

The LSA just gets tossed around a lot, but I remember everything easing up as I went into GE.

Your post got me thinking....

I was repositioning an LSA for a friend, years ago, and landed in Huntsville, Al ona windy day. mcould't believe the turbulence coming in from 4500 down to 1500. Called it in and the tower says, "we had a bunch of jets in earlier for the Alabama game and they didn't mention anything.

The LSA just gets tossed around a lot, but I remember everything easing up as I went into GE.

Your post got me thinking....

Wondering why jets would be Landing in Huntsville for the AL game. That's a leg drive. Even if it was at legion field.

Heck... That's my landing I a calm wind.

Just another day at the office.

Back