One month delay for Zulu 2...

jaybee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jaybee
My wife ordered me a set of Zulu 2 from the Lightspeed website with the trade-in and free shipping for my birthday.

Expected shipping date is a month from now :confused::confused::confused:

Really ? Does anyone know if retailers honor the trade in program ?

It may take a while to process your trade-in. I'm not sure how they do their intakes, but if it requires evaluation, sometimes that takes a while.

My wife ordered me a set of Zulu 2 from the Lightspeed website with the trade-in and free shipping for my birthday.

Expected shipping date is a month from now :confused::confused::confused:

Really ? Does anyone know if retailers honor the trade in program ?

Trade-in program is only direct.

My question about Lightspeed is, who screwed up the PFX engineering launch??! They were announced at OSH last year and they are still on "pre-order" status almost a year later. Somebody really botched something.

My question about Lightspeed is, who screwed up the PFX engineering launch??! They were announced at OSH last year and they are still on "pre-order" status almost a year later. Somebody really botched something.
I hadn't checked on the pfx since giving up and ordering the zulu2. By the time the pfx is releases it'll be outdated at this point!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just call them and ask.

Roger, wilco.

I guess it was late and just thought the minds of PoA would have some insight.

Thanks all, and yes to above - didn't even consider the PFX because of the pre-order status.

It may take a while to process your trade-in. I'm not sure how they do their intakes, but if it requires evaluation, sometimes that takes a while.

I'm pretty sure trade-in doesn't happen until I get the new one and send the old one back

I remember the days you just bought a set of David Clarks and wore them for a couple of decades. Now pilots 'upgrade' their headsets like they are iphones or handbags.:lol:

I remember the days you just bought a set of David Clarks and wore them for a couple of decades. Now pilots 'upgrade' their headsets like they are iphones or handbags.:lol:

I'm proud to say that I still have and use my original D&C.

Ooh man, I could really bake y'alls noodles right now, but I will be pleasant and follow the rules.
I'm sorry that some of this stuff is going on, and hopefully most of you are able to steer clear of these kinds of issues. These kinds of things look bad for all of us in this business, but I'm going to make sure none of that stuff happens in this house!

Boy, that's for sure. I was ready to plunk my money down on those puppies in 2013. Talk about vapor-ware!

I wonder what happened?

Been wearing some David Clamps for six years now, they give me a headache after four hours of use, been dealing with head aches for six years now - I finally earn enough money to "upgrade" - I think I'm ok with that ! the real bummer I guess is by the time they get here I'll be putting them in the closet until I get back from deployment !!! grrr.

Been using the same pair of DC's since 1996. They have been rehabbed once but have never been dissatisfied with them. Have a second pair for backup.

David

Been wearing some David Clamps for six years now, they give me a headache after four hours of use, been dealing with head aches for six years now - I finally earn enough money to "upgrade" - I think I'm ok with that ! the real bummer I guess is by the time they get here I'll be putting them in the closet until I get back from deployment !!! grrr.

I thought DC stood for Damaged Cranium. :dunno:

Ok, I just wanted to update this in case anyone else has similar questions.

As Machfly suggested when I had a free daytime minute I called. As Shane said they were waiting on the trade-in, my wife and I both missed where it said on the website where it said that is how they do it, they are sending them out promptly and will credit me when they receive the trade-ins.

Lastly, I saw this today - http://www.verticalmag.com/news/article/28005#.U6x05_ldX6U - looks like the PFX are finally available.

Cool! Preorder now has switched to buy now on their site, too. I can wait for a while now. Will need a 2nd nice pair in a little while, though

Ok, I just wanted to update this in case anyone else has similar questions.

As Machfly suggested when I had a free daytime minute I called. As Shane said they were waiting on the trade-in, my wife and I both missed where it said on the website where it said that is how they do it, they are sending them out promptly and will credit me when they receive the trade-ins.

Lastly, I saw this today - http://www.verticalmag.com/news/article/28005#.U6x05_ldX6U - looks like the PFX are finally available.
Sweet!

Crap. There went my OSH budget. :)

WOW! $1100 for the PFX! Well, they can keep my pair for awhile. I can't justify that for as little as I fly. Too bad. I was interested to.

David

Botched engineering and delays - maybe boeing is involved.

Yep...got an e-mail announcing they were shipping a couple of hours ago. I guess my post here yesterday pushed them over the edge! :rofl:

Since you have the touch, where's the Hondajet?

WOW! $1100 for the PFX! Well, they can keep my pair for awhile. I can't justify that for as little as I fly. Too bad. I was interested to.

David
I was willing to pay it last year. Not right now though.

Since you have the touch, where's the Hondajet?
Hoo boy. If we started down the list of vaporware (or incredibly short-lived) products we've seen introduced at OSH, we would have to start a new thread!

Hoo boy. If we started down the list of vaporware (or incredibly short-lived) products we've seen introduced at OSH, we would have to start a new thread!

I think you'd have to start a new board!:D

I tried PFX's last year at Oshkosh and I was really impressed. I already have Zulu.2's however and I am not in a real hurry to plop down $1100. :eek:

Maybe the delay with fine tuning the PFX has made them that much better--we can only hope. I'll become more interested when they announce trade-in values. I might be willing to trade in an old set of DC H10-30s if the final price was right...

My Zulu.2's would be relegated to passenger use.

David
Why don't you all look into Shane's Squawk Shoppe?:idea:

Shane, do you have anything to compete with the PFX? Can you give POA'ers a "special deal"?:yes:

Respectfully, I think the only headset that can compare to the PFX is the Sennheiser S1.

I do like the "extra quiet" button on the Sennheiser which takes a sample of the ambient noise and develops a custom cancellation map on the spot.

The PFX has the same feature only it works in real time without having to hit an extra button.

On the Sennheiser, I also appreciate the excellent passive noise attenuation which is better than Zulu.2's. I've had Zulu.2 batteries fail on me in-flight and without ANR, the Zulu.2's leave a little bit to be desired, with a buzz in my ear that doesn't really go away until after I get on the ground away from all engine noise.

Ooh man, I could really bake y'alls noodles right now,

Please, bake away. :goofy:

I did look intently a the Sennheiser but having never gotten a chance to try them out... I was able to wear my buddies Zulu 2 for a bit and also the A20 Bose and is was very tough choice between the two as they were both immensely more comfortable than the David Clamps.

Last edited:
Respectfully, I think the only headset that can compare to the PFX is the Sennheiser S1.
I'm sure you are right about nothing else comparing to the PFX, since it is so new and unique.
I was just trying to get people to consider Shane a little more since he is a contributor here and he does seem to offer good quality/value. If the PFX's are too pricey for someone that needs a headset now, I think he is worth checking out.

And no, I have never met Shane or bought anything from him yet. I only know what I have read here on these boards.

I would never put up with a pair of DCs for a day much less decade, my Soft Coms lasted over a decade of service though. Comfort and ANR are the main reason FO upgrade. I haven't seen need to upgrade from my Zulus I bought when I got this plane, and unless I buy the new Bluetooth Clarity Aloft, they'll probably last me the decade as well.

Shane, do you have anything to compete with the PFX? Can you give POA'ers a "special deal"?:yes:

Thanks John! :)

Ours will compete with the PFX, and how much are those things $1100? Guahh! I really had no idea they were going with that price point. Well, I guess you can buy one of those, or 2 of ours. :wink2:

We ship free to all "yous guys" with the code: PILOTSOFAMERICAMEMBERS

Is shipping still free or is this offer already expired?
vbulletin-smile.gif

Is shipping still free or is this offer already expired?
vbulletin-smile.gif

Rourkem, that code should work, but its now 10% off on +$100. :)

Shane
The Squawk Shoppe
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back