One logbook down!

akite

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
A. Kite
I finished up my first glider logbook today and wanted to share the fun as I remember how much fun it was reading the "my first one hundred hours post" awhile back.
First SSA/SSF Glider Pilot Logbook totals:
FLights: 209
Ground training received(logged): 11.2
Flight training received: 28.2
Solo: 72.8
PIC: 171.6
Instruction given: 59.5
Total: 187.1

Cool!

Some questions:

Does each flight include a landing? Just curious why landings are not shown as this is typical of every log I've seen/heard of.

Are "landouts" recorded separate from on-field landings?

Cool!

Some questions:

Does each flight include a landing? Just curious why landings are not shown as this is typical of every log I've seen/heard of.

Are "landouts" recorded separate from on-field landings?

The only reason landings are listed in their own column in a "regular" logbook is because on a given flight you might make several landings (touch and gos, for example). In a glider, you will make only one. :D So, no "landings" column in a glider logbook.

Obviously, one might log time flying a glider but not be the one making the landing (first coupla dual flights, usually), but again, the choices being only "one" or "zero" for a given flight, there's not any need to enter the number of landings.

Landing out would be recorded in the Comments column.

I do try to keep the landings down to one per flight. I hope to land in a farm field one of these days but I always seem to make it back to an airport so far, I am just learning this cross country buisness from the masters Tony and Matt!

With more than twice the number of off-airport landings, Tony owns the title of cross country Master. Once I managed to avoid landing at an airport and set down right next to him but for some damn reason I usually make it home. I guess I have a thing or two to learn yet.

Heck if Tony had an Eta he'd probably land it out just because he can :)

There's usually less traffic in the pattern at a farm field.

Well Tony sometimes chooses city streets just for a challange!

Well Tony sometimes chooses city streets just for a challange!

while it would be fun to recreate our favorite Sun Ship Games moment I have done my best to stick with county roads with light traffic.

Tony_w_Sheriff.JPG

What happened??? Did you run out of wind??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What happened??? Did you run out of wind??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"I told you we should've stopped for wind at that last thermal!" "There'll be another one" "When?! We're 2 feet off the ground!" "Why do you always have to complain?" "Why can't you stop and ask for directions? Do you even know where we are? All I see are cornfields!"

"I told you we should've stopped for wind at that last thermal!" "There'll be another one" "When?! We're 2 feet off the ground!" "Why do you always have to complain?" "Why can't you stop and ask for directions? Do you even know where we are? All I see are cornfields!"

This is why Leah gets her own glider! :D

Back