One hand on the yoke?

Well, I actually was keeping my right hand on the throttle the whole time. My previous CFI told me to keep my hands on the throttle. Then again, we were practicing maneuvers such as turns, straight and level, descents, climbs in no particular order.
My previous
Not necessary, except at low altitude. I'll do that on a search pattern, but otherwise only in the pattern.

Back to the OP's question - there is another reason to keep a hand on the throttle. Anytime there is an instructor in the right seat you must do this. Every time I've had an unplanned reduction in power it has been due to the CFI in the right seat. Keeping your hand on the throttle keeps them out of mischief. :D

Guilty! Stop giving away our techniques will ya! :D

I did better today! Really focused on making sure to keep one hand on the yoke and using the trim wheel to relieve pressure

Now keep the other on the throttle ALL the time unless touching flaps, carb heat, etc ... my instructor years ago used to have to go through all sorts of verbal requests/scenario setups in an attempt to get my hand away from the throttle so he could simulate the engine out ;)

Edit: Just saw mscard88's post ... same thing

Now keep the other on the throttle ALL the time unless touching flaps, carb heat, etc ... my instructor years ago used to have to go through all sorts of verbal requests/scenario setups in an attempt to get my hand away from the throttle so he could simulate the engine out ;)

Edit: Just saw mscard88's post ... same thing

I just stick my foot up there so I can free up one hand. ;) ;) ;)

Back