One down at KGVL

These news stories are not making my wife any more comfortable as I head out for my long cross country today.

These news stories are not making my wife any more comfortable as I head out for my long cross country today.

Airplanes can be inherently dangerous, I’m guessing not nearly as dangerous as cars though. Don't get killed driving to the airport.

Airplanes can be inherently dangerous, I’m guessing not nearly as dangerous as cars though. Don't get killed driving to the airport.

Actually this is not true for GA. The GA fatality rate is worse than automobiles by a large ratio. See attached article. Aviation as a whole is far better because commercial aviation is extremely safe. The GA safety record, while improving, is still not great. It's an unforgiving hobby.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/49701-private-planes-safety.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only aircraft accidents that my wife hears about are ones that make either our local news or the national news. I don’t share all of the other ones I hear about on here or elsewhere with her.

Ditto in our household.

Yeah, I don't tell her about the others ones I know of. She wants to fly with me (as long as we are headed to the beach) and she don't like flying commercial and knows GA is going to be even worse, but she will do it for the destination. I think her issue is that she doesn't understand turbulence, so I have been explaining, that you want the plane to flex a little bit, otherwise it would break, so think about it as a good thing. I hate roller coasters and love flying, she loves roller coasters and not fond of flying. go figure.

Well the flight from PDK to Rome,Ga to Toccoa was a success. It was a bit more bumpy than I would have liked, but not bad at all. Glad to have the achievement done, and wife is more relaxed now ;-)

Sad,RIP,hopefully a full recovery for the survivor.

Back