One bent controller

I appreciate all the comments in this thread, maybe I was a little keyed up over the flight... Haven't had one like that since I was a student, granted it's been over 2 years since the last time i flew

It seems the VGT controllers are easy to **** off. I was getting checked out in a new to me aircraft. Cleared for the option, make left traffic. On the go I’ve got the CFI in one ear and the tower in the other. Turning downwind can finally hear the tower, he’s a little upset that I missed a call. Got a little chewing.

He carried in for the next two circuits with explicit instructions. Always hard to hear him.
I let ground know when we taxied in that there was static on the tower Freq every time he transmitted.

I fully understand how controllers get pizzed off. A lot of pilots out there are complete morons and can’t follow instructions. So she might have been in a good mood until10 minutes prior when another pilot wouldn’t follow instructions, understand instructions, kept missing radio calls. That is why busy places rotate them out do frequently though the day. There have been many times I want to jump in on the radio and rip into another pilot for being stupid.

And not saying I’m perfect, I have had a controller or two snap at me for missing a call.

It seems the VGT controllers are easy to **** off. I was getting checked out in a new to me aircraft. Cleared for the option, make left traffic. On the go I’ve got the CFI in one ear and the tower in the other. Turning downwind can finally hear the tower, he’s a little upset that I missed a call. Got a little chewing.

He carried in for the next two circuits with explicit instructions. Always hard to hear him.
I let ground know when we taxied in that there was static on the tower Freq every time he transmitted.
Some days, they're super accomodating and friendly.. Others, not so much..

When ATC talks, everyone should zip it and listen. Don't miss calls. The CFI should know that too.

I fully understand how controllers get pizzed off. A lot of pilots out there are complete morons and can’t follow instructions. So she might have been in a good mood until10 minutes prior when another pilot wouldn’t follow instructions, understand instructions, kept missing radio calls. That is why busy places rotate them out do frequently though the day. There have been many times I want to jump in on the radio and rip into another pilot for being stupid.

And not saying I’m perfect, I have had a controller or two snap at me for missing a call.

Lady in CLT is a good example of good mood till us pilots screw it over. She's very very picky on you reading back the FULL runway. If you don't she'll keep asking with each call becoming more annoyed.

One day I checked on and she gave the typical "wiskey, Sierra, hold short 18C". I replied with the full runway as she was in her mood that afternoon. Next call I heard was a pilot saying " Pansy!". She was in a real foul mood for several days after that....

Pilot buddy told me a story about a female ATC who “balled out” a ATP in the pattern over a major airport. Without a pause, he said “Was I ever married to you?”

LOTS of pilot buddies have told us that story! :D

Yup, for many years. And the Frankfort controller chewing at an American airline for not knowing how to find their way around the airport, American Capt replied last time I was here it was 1944.

Yup, for many years. And the Frankfort controller chewing at an American airline for not knowing how to find their way around the airport, American Capt replied last time I was here it was 1944.
"...and I didn't land."

Ohhhh man never willingly post audio/video on PoA!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back