One Aircraft

Mooney Ovation, if they had two doors and enough room for my bicycle (I'm not actually sure about the latter, but the former is a showstopper for me).

Or a Diamond DA-40 -- entry mode is not a problem, but I think cabin space is.

As it stands, probably a 182RG. Even NA would be okay.

That's a tough question. As long as someone else was handling the bill it would be an AT-6 or a SF-260.

180 HP Super Cub, Cub Crafters, Huskey, you get the idea.

Man you really got me thinking on this one. Ok I've had to break my answer down into categories since I can not decided on one above all.

Single Engine Prop: DHC-3 Radial preferably PZL
Multi-Engine Prop: DC-3
Multi-Engine Sea: Martin JRM Mars
Multi-Engine Jet: B767-200ER
Helicopter: UH-1H

Before anyone says this is cheating, it's not. I am simply prepared.

Man you really got me thinking on this one. Ok I've had to break my answer down into categories since I can not decided on one above all.

Single Engine Prop: DHC-3 Radial preferably PZL
Multi-Engine Prop: DC-3
Multi-Engine Sea: Martin JRM Mars
Multi-Engine Jet: B767-200ER
Helicopter: UH-1H

Before anyone says this is cheating, it's not. I am simply prepared.

So if the magic genie came along and said you could have any aircraft you wanted, but it had to be the only one you could fly forever, which ONE would you pick?

Three pages and nobody has nominated an RV 10 yet?

Why do you want to fly so high?! :D

I'd fly my Tripacer till the end. Although I wouldn't turn down a Supercub or Husky, if someone wanted to give me one.

Barb

No matter what you fly, you'll always be climbing to pattern altitude.

She's not the only one dodging ducks.

I think my 182 would be enough to last me til the end of my flying career. For something to fly til I'm 60-65, I would pick a Conquest I or II.:D

How about a mid-80's glass panel 182 with a 300HP? That will do me just fine

My toy..........
it is an experimental so no prob with spare parts... All I need is raw material and my mill, lathe, TIG welder and imagination..:yes:

Attachments

• 801 cabin 028.jpg
    801 cabin 028.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
If I'm paying for the fuel, I like my mooney. I'd prefer a J model for a little more speed and space. When I get too old to slide into it, I'll change to a high wing.

I'll stick with my Tcraft, low fuel burn, good speed, low (relatively) maint cost,

-VanDy

I would really like to fly a beech 18 someday, love the sound of the round engines and it just looks like a blast to fly.

Why would you pick a Falcon? G-V.

Three engines are better than two, slats, auto trimming side sticks (no stinking yokes in the way), don't need a ladder to wash the bugs off the leading edge of the wing. Fewer stairs to climb with my amputated feet.

I can think of others. Big downside to Dassault products is corrosion...

Can't remeber for sure but I think they both use skydrol hydraulic fluid (vomit)

Last edited:
If 3 engines are better than 2, then 4 are better than 3.

JetStar.

If 3 engines are better than 2, then 4 are better than 3.

JetStar.

By that logic, I'll take me a B-36. It even protects against fuel contamination--you have six engines that burn Avgas and four that burn Jet-A.

b36_large.jpg

The dreaded 9-engine approach!!! :eek:

Assuming I could pass my medical for the remainder of my life either of these two planes would more than scratch my itch:

VikingN93668_zpsd37dc8cc.jpg

2_zps4ba0bdef.gif

If I owned it.. Pipistrel Virus... If I worked for someone... a Citation CJ1

By that logic, I'll take me a B-36. It even protects against fuel contamination--you have six engines that burn Avgas and four that burn Jet-A.

b36_large.jpg

I had an Uncle who was a flight engineer on a B-29 in Korea during that particular "police action" and lived to tell about it.
He was also a flight engineer on the B-36 when he got back to the States. He told me he would rather face Migs in the B-29, than fly in a B-36. Other than being able to walk out into the wings to check the engines, he had nothing good to say about it.

Back