On the ground. Did not die.

Thanks, Gotta watch it again this winter, don't even remember that. Usually focused on the flying parts.

Usually, at the height of the worst winter snowstorm each year, "Dawn Patrol" and a few other old movies end up in the Blu-ray player.
I'm too embarrassed to even name the others.

:rolleyes2:

Yeah, you never know what the non-pilots are thinking. On a long flight with our adult son and his wife, at night, Hubby and I are chatting away and the kids have turned down the sound on their headsets, but not enough to not hear, "Oh, sh*t!" from both of us simultaneously and to notice we suddenly started scrambling for charts, pushing buttons, and talking on the radio. What happened? Flight following had just given us a re-route that would take us out of the way and we had to add a new checkpoint into the GPS.

PS. Congratulations on the solo. Keep up the good work.

That reminds me of a flight from NC back to Ohio in the Baron. The pilot and I would play a little game to stay awake and we would constantly pick out suitable emergency landing spots. One of the guys on our trip was sleeping soundly in the back seat when he woke and heard us looking for and discussing the plausibility of a landing spot. He was quite interested in what we were talking about.

I was always hard on myself and graded every pattern and landing. Once I had cut the power back to idle in the 172 and realized I had flown a little bit farther than I needed on my downwind. I realized I was going to have to add some power and mumbled to myself we're not going to make it, meaning we weren't going to make the runway without a touch of power. My pax heard that and got really excited.

Back