on tap tonight - TV

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
The history channel is showing aircraft of WWII tonight check local listings for times, and more importantly, AMC is showing "Airplane - The Movie" tomorrow afternoon.

Michael

Michael said:
Billy, do you like movies about gladiators?
I guess Brian doesn't. :)

Striker, listen, and you listen close -- flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

rpadula said:
I guess Brian doesn't. :)

Striker, listen, and you listen close -- flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.
I rarely watch movies and NEVER remember stuff like that.

"...Scraps is a boy dog, Billy..."

Brian Austin said:
I rarely watch movies and NEVER remember stuff like that.
Wha? Surely you can't be serious?*

Dude, drop what you're doing and pick up Airplane! on the way home (or wait till AMC shows it tomorrow).

Without a doubt, that movie has got to have the highest quantity of one-liners and sight gags in any film, bar none! I mean, it is NON-STOP hilarity.

-Rich

* ...And don't call me Shirley. :rofl:

rpadula said:
Without a doubt, that movie has got to have the highest quantity of one-liners and sight gags in any film, bar none! I mean, it is NON-STOP hilarity.

I think the only movie that comes close is Blazing Saddles, but Airplane does stand alone in first place.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080339/quotes

Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Ted Striker: I've got to concentrate...
[his thoughts echo]
Ted Striker: concentrate... concentrate... I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... Hello?... hello... hello... Echo... echo... echo... Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Manny Mota... Mota... Mota...

"I just want to tell you both-- good luck, we're all counting on you."

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue"

Priceless.

Well, I am embarrassed to tell this but since I am among friends I will.

A couple of weeks ago I was in a department store that had a rack of cheap DVDs. I mean rock bottom mark downs. I grabbed TWO copies of what I thought was "Airplane" feeling so proud of myself that I had found such a bargain. Even though the language is different I didn't care, I have a codefree DVD player. When I got home I discovered that, in my haste, I had picked up two copies of "Airport." Sheesh. What a DA.

Carol said:
Well, I am embarrassed to tell this but since I am among friends I will.

A couple of weeks ago I was in a department store that had a rack of cheap DVDs. I mean rock bottom mark downs. <snip>.
Carol - when you start believing WalMart is a department store, that means you really need to get out more! :) J/K ... bought those same (well, not exactly the "same" ... "Airport"? Yikes!) cheap DVDs myself...

anyone who's up this late, like me, can watch Airplane! now on AMC. God I love this movie.

Ironic moment: The last time I watched this move, I was stuck overnight in Santa Fe on my first flight after getting my PPL. I waited the night out for weather, but before we knew that, we sat in the pilots lounge. On TV - Airplane!

I'm sure none of you care...I'm not even sure I do. I'm freaking bored.

Back