100_0594.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 100_0602.jpg
    100_0602.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 100_0620.jpg
    100_0620.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
I ee a lot more water there than I'd feel comfortable with! (But then I've never landed on ice!) Plus, I expected the surface to be a little smoother! :yes:

Looks like planes on thin ice, to me.

Nice pics.

The scary thing is that even "thick" ice can give way with little warning when things are thawing. I've personally gone through ice that was at least 1 ft thick but had become "rotten". When ice on a lake starts to go away in the spring, it doesn't thin out so much as it simply looses strength.

Seems like this would be difficult to explain to the insurance company.

I ee a lot more water there than I'd feel comfortable with! (But then I've never landed on ice!) Plus, I expected the surface to be a little smoother! :yes:

Well, ice is generally thinnest at the shore so it'll melt first. Ice also seems to be pretty rough - If you watch my skiplane video you'll see how rough it can be! The wind had blown all the snow off the lake that day. The next day, it snowed again and the landings were smooth and fluffy. :)

Well, ice is generally thinnest at the shore so it'll melt first. Ice also seems to be pretty rough - If you watch my skiplane video you'll see how rough it can be! The wind had blown all the snow off the lake that day. The next day, it snowed again and the landings were smooth and fluffy. :)
Yeah, but you notice that big dark patch on the ice in front of the airplane? That would have me worrying.

Back