Omg guess what!?

Princesspilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
hjljh
I just want the world to know how happy I am about visiting my hometown of Seattle tomorrow waahoo!

It's a 5 am departure, and I'm too excited to sleep.

Jersey, it's been real. :D

So.....are you going commercial or running that 172 across the US?

Seattle rocks, it's not home anymore for me, but by far the best large city in the US.

I guess it is better than Jersey.... :yes:

And please, try to show a little excitement for your trip..!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Seattle rocks, it's not home anymore for me, but by far the best large city in the US.

I have never had the pleasure of visiting Seattle (unless you count a layover at SEA). But I do know that it's very entertaining to watch videos of street traffic in Seattle during snowstorms. :yikes:

Rich

Hope to visit Seattle next summer ,while I do a west coast tour

A westerner living on the east coast, eh?

BTDT. You have no idea (yet) how much that explains. But I think you will in a few days.

I decided to leave the Mid Atlantic when I visited New York City (midtown) and got astonished at how nice everyone was.

FWIW, define "westerner" broadly. As in, include places like Montana or Colorado.

At least you can get halfway decent coffee in Jersey these days.

I'm not particularly fond of the rolling landscape downtown or the traffic.

I'm not particularly fond of the weather, all though we could use it down here.

Anyplace where I have more than 500,000 neighbors is too big. Plus, you guys thank that when the sun comes out, something is wrong. ;)

Anyplace where I have more than 500,000 neighbors is too big. Plus, you guys thank that when the sun comes out, something is wrong. ;)

That is an ignorant statement. How would you know what Seattlites think if you have never been there?

That is an ignorant statement. How would you know what Seattlites think if you have never been there?

Shush,,, it rains every day, every one on the inter net knows that. ( we hope:) )

We had 11 major fires last summer in Puget Sound, but every one knows the only fires that occurred were in eastern Wa.

We had more VFR flying days last year than San Diego, But every one knows you must have a IFR rating to fly here.

So let them think it, and they'll stay the hell out.

OBTW welcome home, if you didn't notice, it was clear as a bell and 70 degrees here today.

And remember when you move here the tree are the view :) you don't cut them to have a view.

Besides, with your attitude, stay the hell out.

Seattle's my home town too. I hope you're having a good time. I wish I were there, but I will get to visit Monterey tomorrow, which is not a bad second choice.

Seattle is great if you love ****ty coffee, hippies everywhere, snobby elitists and companies that think "innovation" comes from weird practices like white paper meetings.

And Amazon. And did I mention the ****ty coffee and hippies?

Seattle is great if you love ****ty coffee, hippies everywhere, snobby elitists and companies that think "innovation" comes from weird practices like white paper meetings.

When you don't like the coffee, don't drink it. :)

Never been there but my son loved it when he visited.

His comedic takeaway was you can fire up a doobie most anywhere but by God you better not light a cigarette.

Never been there but my son loved it when he visited.

His comedic takeaway was you can fire up a doobie most anywhere but by God you better not light a cigarette.

He's spot on.

Have always liked Seattle when I've visited. Bellingham even better.

Don't like those bumpy things between the lanes on the Interstate though. I want to change lanes in peace and quiet.

There are a couple of places both North (Everett) and South (Renton) of Seattle that have something to do with aircraft. I think they have an airport named after them, or the founder, or something off of Marginal Way.

Have always liked Seattle when I've visited. Bellingham even better.

Don't like those bumpy things between the lanes on the Interstate though. I want to change lanes in peace and quiet.

Why?? did they wake you up?

We had 11 major fires last summer in Puget Sound, but every one knows the only fires that occurred were in eastern Wa.

Was in North-Central WA a couple of weeks ago. An awful lot of burned-off country, along with homes and barns and all.

Nice city, the sound is beautiful, and I've always wanted to do the tour-thingee with the "ducks".

I recently had to explain to a young one why driving my truck into a lake was a bad idea. I had to say "SOME trucks will drive in water, but MY truck does not".

The OP's original premise was New Jersey. I don't particularly like Seattle, but I don't hate it either and I'll take it any day of the week over Jersey.

I always like Seattle, and Portland for that matter. Vancouver, BC too! However, Seattle seems to want to mimic San Fran, so they are going down the wrong path unfortunately.

I always like Seattle, and Portland for that matter. Vancouver, BC too! However, Seattle seems to want to mimic San Fran, so they are going down the wrong path unfortunately.

Wow, that was your 18,000th post!

Last time I was there I did notice that the city had more homeless than any other city I have ever visited.
Went out for a walk early in the morning and the homeless were sleeping in front of every downtown shop. Needles, condoms, and feces on the side walks. By 8am they all seemed to disappear and everything was cleaned up, by midnight they all reappeared. I have no idea where they went during the day.
Other than that a real nice place.

Back