Olympic Airshow with...

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
The Gathering of Warbirds. The airshow used to be called "The Gathering of Warbirds", but some of our touchy feely types were offended, so the official title has changed. What hasn't changed is that we will have a great gatherer next weekend, including the Collings Foundation B-17, B-24 and (for the first time here) B-25.

I was at the museum finding out where the Olympia Chapter of the Washington Pilot's Association was meeting and found out that the museum director is supposed to ride in one of the bombers next Friday when they arrive. Her problem? How does she get to PWT where she meets them? Well, that's easy. I'll fly her up. And fly back in LOOSE (a mile or more away) formation with the bombers in the 182. My son will join us. Look for some awesome pictures next Friday night. Probably as they leave us behind. :p I'll have the 182 firewalled and it probably still won't be close.

Very cool, Ghery. You could orbit above their cruise alt as they take off and then make a shallow dive the whole way. And load for an aft CG to give you more speed.

For this once in a lifetime photo op, don't do what someone I know did:

Camera--CHECK
Lenses--CHECK
Filters--CHECK
Batteries--CHECK
Film--Uhhhh

Very cool, Ghery. You could orbit above their cruise alt as they take off and then make a shallow dive the whole way. And load for an aft CG to give you more speed.

For this once in a lifetime photo op, don't do what someone I know did:

Camera--CHECK
Lenses--CHECK
Filters--CHECK
Batteries--CHECK
Film--Uhhhh

Doh!

Digital cameras. The memory cards will start out empty and the batteries will be fully charged.

I've given consideration to doing just that. Plus I hope rwy 1 will be favored when I get there. It's right pattern, so my passengers can score some pictures of the planes on the ground while we're on downwind. Rwy 19 and the passenger in the back seat will get some.

Back