Oldest Airplane Still Flying......

Sweet..:thumbsup: 35hp, wondering what the empty weight is. I'll be as the article says, it's a handful to fly..:rolleyes:

Iran's Bleriot is the oldest in the US. The Shuttleworth Trust in England has one that's slightly older.

Ok, I read the article. I wouldn't say temporary engine troubles take away ST's status as the oldest.

The Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome has some really cool stuff and they put on a pretty good show. One of the coolest aviation places I've been.

Wait...oldest airplane...

As I understand it, this is the oldest flying airplane. And it is still flying. Which is good because then it wouldn’t be a flying airplane...

Is that the story? ;)

Annual probably takes longer to do the paperwork than the inspection. The inspection I’ll bet is the same checklist as the preflight.:D

Annual probably takes longer to do the paperwork than the inspection. The inspection I’ll bet is the same checklist as the preflight.:D
It’s the AD research that will run up the shop time for the annual inspection.

I attended the Rhinebeck Air Show back in 2002. Attached are two photos that may be of interest. (I saw the show featuring 2010+ aircraft, not what they call the Pioneers of Aviation show.) so I didn't see the Bleriot XII fly. Here is the Anzani 3 cylinder radial engine and the tailwheel. Oh, an unidentified radial engine seeking an A&P with a LOT of time on his hands!

-Skip

Old Rhinebeck 001.jpg Old Rhinebeck 002.jpg Old Rhinebeck 024.jpg

I went to their opening day this season and got to see most of the stuff fly. Great show, from there I went up to Hammondsport and visited the Glenn Curtiss museum as well. Drove all the way around Keuka Lake and tried to imagine what it was like 110 years ago.

Back