Killaces

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Flyer
Thanks for the help every1

Problems solved

Last edited:
First recommendation: Don't sign things other people filled out for you without reading them very, very carefully first to ensure it is completely accurate.

Second recommendation: Search the internet for lawyers with "AOPA Legal Services Plan Attorney" in their web pages to find qualified lawyers to help you.

Third recommendation: Don't post anything more on the internet about this as it could be used against you -- even if you think you're posting anonymously.

Oh boy,

I'm sure you can fix it, but I'm guessing it's going to be expensive.

I'd contact this guy
http://home.comcast.net/~bbchien/site/

Sounds like it's to the point that you're going to be spending quite a bit on a lawyer. Hope you have some written proof of what you said, maybe records from that ramp check?

I also would NOT call the FAA anymore, thinking you already dug a good sized hole.

Last edited:
Oh boy,

I'm sure you can fix it, but I'm guessing it's going to be expensive.

I'd contact this guy
http://home.comcast.net/~bbchien/site/

Sounds like it's to the point that you're going to be spending quite a bit on a lawyer. Hope you have some written proof of what you said, maybe records from that ramp check?

I also would NOT call the FAA anymore, thinking you already dug a good sized hole.
edited to add the word NOT

Hope you have some written proof of what you said, maybe records from that ramp check?
What would that prove? The only thing the OP said that really matters is that s/he signed an official FAA medical application without disclosing required adverse information. Beyond that, it's all irrelevant.

Last edited:
Hey I've never been in the market for THAT type of lawyer. The guy does know aviation law as per 135s.

Besides as an ATP/Lawyer I'd say he would at least point you in the right direction. Ether way you shake it, it's better then the fast food style advice you'll get from AOPA.

Unless you have a really good flying job for your uncle lined up on your US ticket, you might as well hang it up at this point. Your legal bill is going to be sufficient to make it not worthwhile for fun flying unless you are in a position to **** away $20k.

Hey I've never been in the market for THAT type of lawyer. The guy does know aviation law as per 135s.

Besides as an ATP/Lawyer I'd say he would at least point you in the right direction. Ether way you shake it, it's better then the fast food style advice you'll get from AOPA.

Ron was suggesting you use the AOPA network to find a lawyer that handles enforcement. No way AOPA Legal Plan is going to cover the bill but it can help you find a good lawyer that you will then pay for dearly.

That's not what the OP needs.

I didn't say go to AOPA, I said go to an attorney who's on AOPA's list. Those folks are "THAT type of lawyer".

I didn't say go to AOPA, I said go to an attorney who's on AOPA's list. Those folks are "THAT type of lawyer".

I've dealt with "that type of lawyer" from AOPA's list (on the other side of the fence). They did more damage to their client than the FAA. :rolleyes:

All I can say is, "Good Luck". Just because a lawyer has a PPL doesn't make them an expert.

Calling AOPA for a referral typically generates more than one lawyer from the list. Just like pilots, all lawyers aren't created equal or have the same knowledge and skills , even if they do hold themselves out as handling aviation cases. Fact is, for most, aviation enforcement is one of a number of fields they handle and not a specialization.

Whenever I get one of those AOPA referral calls (as opposed to a call from someone who knew me or a personal referral), I always tell the potential client it's wise to contact the others as well and to choose the one she feels most comfortable with.

Not an exact science by any means but you at least are contacting folks who are interested and have had recurrent training. And beats the heck out of advice from SGOTI. (And that includes having seen the type R&W is referring to, in and out of aviation)

Does this place:

http://www.martindale.com/

work as a decent place for finding an attorney?

I have an estate attorney, but there have been times I've thought about contacting someone that does general practice. I don't know where to start, but this website seemed like a place where peer-reviewed attorneys are listed.

I did type in "Aviation Law" into the search box, and could then sort by State and peer review scores.

Does this place:

http://www.martindale.com/

work as a decent place for finding an attorney?

I have an estate attorney, but there have been times I've thought about contacting someone that does general practice. I don't know where to start, but this website seemed like a place where peer-reviewed attorneys are listed.

I did type in "Aviation Law" into the search box, and could then sort by State and peer review scores.

Matt Martindale can be a good source as can a site called Avvo dot com. Both sites allow for peers and clients to rate the attorneys. Avvo's ratings are pretty straight forward and easy to interpret. Martindales not so much with Martindale and AV is the top rating then a BV which is still very good.

I still think the best way to get a referral to an attorney ( being an attorney myself ) is from a "Trusted" friend, colleague or family member. I say trusted because you don't want your co worker referring you to his cousin Chuck because he is a fun guy and tells great courtroom stories.

Matt Martindale can be a good source as can a site called Avvo dot com. Both sites allow for peers and clients to rate the attorneys. Avvo's ratings are pretty straight forward and easy to interpret. Martindales not so much with Martindale and AV is the top rating then a BV which is still very good.

I still think the best way to get a referral to an attorney ( being an attorney myself ) is from a "Trusted" friend, colleague or family member. I say trusted because you don't want your co worker referring you to his cousin Chuck because he is a fun guy and tells great courtroom stories.

Thanks for the Avvo hint. I found out about Martindale when I asked my own estate attorney about referrals. In that case, someone I work with was asking me if I knew anybody that dealt with general purpose issues, I asked my estate guy, and he steered him to Martindale.

As far as the OP, I hope something works out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back