Old boxes

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
Anyone else find themselves collecting these?

We're cleaning and rearranging our basement storage. I found empty bose and lightspeed headset boxes, laptop/tablet/electronics boxes, and boxes various collectible things- actions figures/cars/star trek memorbilia came in.

I think I was keeping the headset/electronics stuff in case I sold or had to return in... and the collectibles on the theory it somehow has some value with the box but it probably doesn't.

I should probably just pitch this stuff. Anyone else find themselves with lots of this kind of thing?

Yes! Use them to build a massive fort and tell scary stories in it.....

Mrs. Steingar had a big pile of them, which I insisted we bin so we had storage for something useful. Now there's a new pile growing elsewhere in the basement.

Anyone else find themselves collecting these?

We're cleaning and rearranging our basement storage. I found empty bose and lightspeed headset boxes, laptop/tablet/electronics boxes, and boxes various collectible things- actions figures/cars/star trek memorbilia came in.

I think I was keeping the headset/electronics stuff in case I sold or had to return in... and the collectibles on the theory it somehow has some value with the box but it probably doesn't.

I should probably just pitch this stuff. Anyone else find themselves with lots of this kind of thing?

Original box does help.

I save them until the item is out of warranty, after which I figure it will never get returned. After that, they go to the recycling center.

Someone wishes they’d hung onto this old box (Aviation content):
Box bought at estate sale may be rare Wright factory relic
USA TODAY NETWORK Marsha A. Stoltz, The (Bergen County, N.J.) Record Published 11:59 a.m. ET June 19, 2017
Oakland resident finds box he bought at garage sale is from Wright brothers factory in Paterson and "priceless" according to museums Ann-Marie Caruso/NorthJersey.com

Someone wishes they’d hung onto this old box (Aviation content):
Box bought at estate sale may be rare Wright factory relic
USA TODAY NETWORK Marsha A. Stoltz, The (Bergen County, N.J.) Record Published 11:59 a.m. ET June 19, 2017
Oakland resident finds box he bought at garage sale is from Wright brothers factory in Paterson and "priceless" according to museums Ann-Marie Caruso/NorthJersey.com

One man’s trash...

I used to have a box collection “so if I ever sell this stuff on eBay I can offer it in the original box”.

Then I realized I was just collecting double the garbage. The item I was not selling and the box for it.

Ham radio weenies are really big on original boxes though. I have the radio boxes. They think it means the radio isn’t thirty years old and been used heavily by me, I guess.

It’ll actually bring more money to toss it back in the box with the old warranty card that was never mailed, and the manual you could easily go download for free online. I don’t get it.

So I keep those. But toss all others immediately now.

I just sent my Lightspeed headset back in for repair. 4 years old (because the date on the shipping label on the original box told me so).

I wish I had saved the original box/packaging for my EFIS....had to send it back to replace a bad pitch gyro.

Any box I get from Amazon or wherever remains open on the living room floor for a minimum of three days. The cats love 'em!

IMG_2327.jpg

I just sent my Lightspeed headset back in for repair. 4 years old (because the date on the shipping label on the original box told me so).

Has anyone ever NOT sent a Lightspeed headset back for repair? ;)

Has anyone ever NOT sent a Lightspeed headset back for repair? ;)
Don't know about the user community as a whole, but each of my Lightspeed upgrades (3) have been because the prior set experienced an unrepairable failure. I fully suspect the diagnosis on the Sierras to be the same. I will be tempted to turn my back on the trade in/upgrade value this time. However, it's a huge hook, well baited.

Back