OK Another automotive thread - I want a C8

ebetancourt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Ernie
Well maybe. When I see one and get in it; after it’s been on the road for six months. I read the thread, I’ve read about Teslas, I have a perfect C7. I still want a C8, so there. :p

I guess I finally had my mid-life crisis... just bought a Camaro 2SS convertible! I’m a truck guy, so we’ll see how long it lasts.

For me, the C8 is where the Corvette lost its soul. I get that they had pretty much done all they could do with the front engine - RWD platform as it was, but going mid-engine just kills what the Corvette was always great at: keeping up with (or beating) some of the fastest super cars at half the price. Now they’re trying to play in the same sand box as high-end Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari cars which don’t work with high volumes like GM does. The C8 is kind of ugly as well.

I’ll probably pick up a C7 Z06 or Grand Sport M7 in a few years and keep it as a collector. With everything performance-related going hybrid or EV, the days of the ICE may be numbered as it is, and I’ve no desire to own a Corvette or high-end sports car with no engine noise.

If you do buy one, will you name your C8 "Cate"?

I’ve read about Teslas
I really want to try the next generation Tesla Roaster at a Track Day.

Put on my helmet, punch up Plaid Mode, look at my passenger, and announce, "Sit Down, Shut Up, and HANG ON!!"

Back