Oh no! New "24" season features ATC takeover

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
This is not a Marion Blakely joke either. I was watching Boston College beat Virginia Tech tonight :yes:, and saw a commerical for the new "24" season premiering in January 2008. Apparently the terrorists take over ATC and the power grid. Yes, the previews showed panicking pilots trying to avoid a midair. This will be interesting, though not as fun as the auto-pilot driven, nerve gas spreading Piper Cub on "The Unit."

This is not a Marion Blakely joke either. I was watching Boston College beat Virginia Tech tonight :yes:, and saw a commerical for the new "24" season premiering in January 2008. Apparently the terrorists take over ATC and the power grid. Yes, the previews showed panicking pilots trying to avoid a midair. This will be interesting, though not as fun as the auto-pilot driven, nerve gas spreading Piper Cub on "The Unit."
Dang, my favorite show stooping to this. I'm sure the absurdities that pilots will see will be totally ignored by "the sky is falling" media. But I'll be watching anyway:D

No way -- they'll never get into an FAA facility without an appointment and security background check.

Hey, give 'em a chance. Maybe they'll run the joint better than the FAA...

-Rich

P.S. Yay! Post #500 :D

"Mongo like candy!"

But for an ATC facility, perhaps a Doughnutgram would work better...

hehehe....

I can just see someone rolling a giant Trojan Doughnut up to the door and ringing the bell....

This will further reinforce people's idea that ATC actually controls planes and that every controller works in a structure that resembles a tower :rolleyes:

-Felix

I think many of you are too quick to judge. In my experience, 24 represents things as close to reality as they can, we'll have to wait to see.

"You are going to just have to trust me on this one...":rofl::goofy::rofl::goofy:For some humor, count how many times Jack says that each episode, it has to be an inside joke b/w the writers or something...

I don't have time to explain right now, you're going to have to trust me.

"You are going to just have to trust me on this one...":rofl::goofy::rofl::goofy:For some humor, count how many times Jack says that each episode, it has to be an inside joke b/w the writers or something...

Even more: count how many times any of the cast says "FINE!"

I shake my head every time someone on 24 uses a satellite phone inside a building or car.

Like, "I'm getting a bad feeling about this," or "Doesn't it say [insert rank] on my uniform," or "I'm a [doctor/engineer], not a [brick mason/miracle worker/whatever]."

Back