Oh My, It's time!

dcotton

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Don
As some of you know, I am a mid 40's student, working on getting my Sport Certification. I completed my written two weeks ago and this Monday (tomorrow...gulp) I am taking my oral and hopefully check ride!!

I am super nervous and find myself thinking of things I am not sure I know, reading things over and over and just try to last minute prepare for this! My check ride evaluator is at an airport 60 miles from here, so I will have about an hour from taxi to landing to get my head ready for the test.

I just wish I had more time to do all the maneuvers over and over, but my CI says I was ready two weeks ago, and that you can over prepare...so here we go...!

Any final day before the test, advice for me guys??

Thanks!!!
don

Everybody's different, but...

What works for me is asking, "What's the worst that can happen?"

There are many professional pilots out there who have blown a checkride here and there along the way. So it goes.

Best to think positively, though.

Rather that waking up thinking "Hope I don't FAIL today", think: "I really think I'm prepared to PASS today".

And the fact that your CFI signed you off means you're ready. The examiner's job is to simply confirm that.

Anyway, good luck - whatever happens, happens, and in the general scheme of things even a failure is just a minor setback.

Really.

Last edited:
Everybody's different, but...

What works for me is asking, "What's the worst that can happen?"

There are many professional pilots out there who have blown a checkride here and there along the way. So it goes.

Best to think positively, though.

Rather that waking up thinking "Hope I don't FAIL today", think: "I really think I'm prepared to PASS today".

And the fact that your CFI signed you off means you're ready. The examiner's job is to simply confirm that.

Anyway, good luck - whatever happens, happens, and in the general scheme of things even a failure is just a minor setback.

Really.
The wing falls off and you crash. :rofl: ( well you had to ask.;) )

Sounds like every checkride I have taken lol. You'll be just fine.

The beauty of FAA checkrides is you get credit for everything that goes right, so if you screw something up bad enough to fail he/she will tell you. Keep going regardless. Upon a recheck, you'll usually only have to redo what you pooched.

That said, I think more people pass checkrides than fail them, so you're likely to sail through it without a problem.

Believe in your CFI, your ready. Dont overthink this.relax and good luck

Thank you everyone for the tips and encouragement!!

Please don't make us wait!
Either you are celebrating with friends and/or family or you might be possibly quietly sulking after a fail. Which would NOT be the end of the world because it just involves some extra dual work (fun times with CFI) and then a quick retest. Been there, done that, survived.
Anyway, not to imply any results here, I will just shut up and expect you to post your experience.

I passed!! Its in another thread, thank you friends!!

Back