Oh Chute

"AIRCRAFT WAS STRUCK BY LIGHTNING WHILE IN THE RUN UP AREA AND THE PARACHUTE DEPLOYED, MIAMI, FL."

Florida.

:)

This is beginning to remind me of that thread where the plane full of dogs landed on a golf course (or something like that)... :lol:

It kinda reminds me of something that would have been on a Road Runner cartoon. If the pilot's first name isn't "Wile", it should be.

The current entered the plane through the static port. The MX shop is going to charge him an arm and leg.

Last edited:
Definitely not the pilots fault.

They should mark the spots on the airports where this happened? Because we all know lightning never strikes in the same place twice.
My parents' house respectfully disagrees. 4 times.

Just like the $15k that was vaporized from the pilot's bank account for the parachute re-pack :confused:
More than that now, I think. And that assumes that no further damage was done to the airframe and/or electronics.

Hopefully covered by insurance, and not exempted by some “Act of God” clause.

Last edited:
More than that now, I think. And that assumes that no further damage was done to the airframe and/or electronics.

Hopefully covered by insurance, and not exempted by some “Act of God” clause.
Covering pilot accidental deployment but not covering static discharge induced deployment, would certainly be one nasty moral hazard of a precedent.

My guess is it'll get covered. Im sure even a zero zero deployment tears enough chit back there to qualify for airframe damage claim.

I guess you could say the chute discharged it's duty...

Back