Official OSH Go/No-Go Thread

Glad to hear you made it Diana. I hope to make it up friday and will call you if I do.

I scrubbed. Yesterday two other planes left. I tried to but... Both planes flew VFR over a scattered layer, I climbed above and really didn't like it, it wasn't 'scattered' enough for me. I went below... and it was too low. So I went back home. I put too much expectation in it and today even in the good weather I'm not comfortable and the last thing I want is to go into Osh uncomfortable. The rest of the forcast for the week is rain and t-storms... and I don't want to get stuck comming back in either.

Hope ya all have fun.
Missa

Missa said:
I climbed above and really didn't like it, it wasn't 'scattered' enough for me. I went below... and it was too low. So I went back home.

Missa, two words for ya, Instrument Airplane. C'mon, I know you want to do it...:yes:

It's official. Dad will be flying up here to Boone to pick me up tomorrow morn which will put us at OSH around 10am tomorrow (thurs) morn. Not as early as we usually do it, but Homebuilt Camping VERY rarely gets full so there's not a lot of rush to get an open spot.

Anywho.. We'll be pitching the tent in the Homebuilt Camping area. RV N277DL. We'll be there through Friday and *possibly* Saturday depending on weather and our exhaustion level. :D

-Chris

It's official for me also. I was able to get Friday off. I will leave Minneapolis (drive) at 3am Friday morning expecting to arrive at OSH before 10. Camping at Camp Scholler

I will head on back sometime on Sunday.

Leslie and I have arrived in Neenah, and will be at the show Thursday AM. If anyone wants to meet up, you can PM me for cell number. We'll be there through Saturday or Sunday.

Leslie and I ran into Steve See today over in Hanger B. Unfortunately, we didn't have too much time to talk because we had some time commitments. Hopefully we'll run into him (and others) over the next couple of days.

well we are taking off in a 150 at oh dark thirty friday, going to head for Dodge County I think then meeting a friend and driving up. Will be doing my best to meet up w/as many of you as I can

Update - We are going to be leaving Green Castle (IA24) at 8 for an arrival in Fon Du Lac, or maybe OSH, at 10ish. Will see y'all there!

Anyone know what the shuttle bus situation is from ATW? I know it's good to Fon DuLac, is it the same up at Appleton?

The shuttle in Appleton runs once an hour (I think 10 min after the hour at the Holiday Inn) and cost $9 one way.

I left Minneapolis around 3am on Friday morning and was at OSH around 10am. I happend to run into Chip within the first few minutes of being there.

I tracked down Steve and talked to him..Tony came up from Iowa and we walked around for awhile. Talked to Diana.

Originally I was planning on staying through Sunday but decided to cut it short and leave Saturday morning as I had seen what I needed to see and had no reason to stick around.

Well, we're back home. In at 8:45 out at 2:30. Didn't get to see anyone but did say hi to my Regional Flight Surgeon, Figured out after cajoling the Mooney boys that the Acclaim is no 237 KT aircraft. You'll be getting 190 like the Ovation at 18,000 unless you're willing to run horrendous amounts of power. 25,000 with a mask is pretty uncomfortble. Sigh.

They're still building the Mirage with that "10% of the fleet has had powerplant failure" TSIO540. Same as the old Continental TSIO520. They dont even send them out from the factory with the Van Kesterin tank mod....

There's very little new in the "get there" sorts of owner flown aircraft. Sigh.

The DJet is a bust IMO. Teeny cabin, 1.35 million A C500 makes more sense.

I really like my LARGE fuselage tube. I must be getting older.

jangell said:
Tony came up from Iowa and we walked around for awhile. Talked to Diana.
Thanks for stopping by the campsite. :)

Here's a picture of you, and Tony, and Terry Claussen. Tony seemed to like the MRE. :)

Attachments

• Terry, Tony, and Jesse.JPG
    Terry, Tony, and Jesse.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 25
Diana said:
Tony seemed to like the MRE. :)

I'm pretty sure Tony would eat anything. I usually would too...But I felt like crap and actually wasn't up to eating until this morning.

Doc,

You should get one of those 9 passenger Sherpa's.

;)

Sorry I missed you..

bbchien said:

I really like my LARGE fuselage tube. I must be getting older.

Yea i was pretty hungry Diana, and it was pretty good. Ill post more stuff tommorow, but gotta get some sleep now...

Back