Official OSH Go/No-Go Thread

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
I was thumbing through the tons of variants of "Who's going to Oshkosh?" threads trying to figure out who all is going so I can figure out who I might bump in to, but the info is so scattered and dated that I thought I would start a single spot for people to simply post some info if they will be attending OSH this year.

*What day(s) will you be there?
*Where will you be camping/staying?
*What type of plane will you be flying and/or Tail Number or will you be driving?
*Any other 'special' info about your attending OSH this year (volunteering at certain areas, flying in airshow, etc.).

So.. If you're going to OSH this year, and want everyone to know the skinny on your trip, feel free to post as much or as little info as you would like..... again... :)

-Chris

* I'm not sure what makes this 'official', but I bet a lot more people will read it b/c I put that in the subject. :D *

Me Me Me. I'll be there till Wed.Camping at the Cessna Base Camp. red Tent N318RC photo enclosed

Attachments

• shyhawk02.JPG
    shyhawk02.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 16
I might go..If I go I'll probably be there the 28th/29th/30th.

I'll Be There, arriving on Thursday,will probably be camping in GA camping or if Ed goes to the Mooney Camp,Tail # 201RR.
Dave G.
P.S. i also have to visit the Seaplane Base.

I'll be there Friday morning to Sunday Midday camping in Schroller. (sp)

I'll be there from Friday evening staying for the whole time, leaving Mon. morn after it ends.

Staying off site at a hotel.

*What type of plane will you be flying and/or Tail Number or will you be driving?

Ford E-150 YEHAAA1. Can't take the C172, have to get to and from the airport every day/night.

*Any other 'special' info about your attending OSH this year (volunteering at certain areas, flying in airshow, etc.).

I'll be herding the masses in/out. Sporting a stylish pink shirt.

I'm making a day trip next Tuesday, either in my Baron or my employer's Cirrus. Depending on parking, I'll either go to OSH or ATW.

Im in a C 172 Cessna Base camp Sunday 23-25th N 84392. I can't hardly wait till next week.

Regards Mike

Last edited:
CJones said:

I'll be there the whole week. Planning on arriving Sunday evening or possibly Monday morning. Skylane N271G will be in the Cessna Base Camp until Thursday, when I fly to MSN and trade it for the Volvo. :(

I'll be the guy running around with an iPod and a microphone, gathering content for the Pilotcast. :yes:

Pending weather

Sunday - Sat or really early Sunday

GA Camping

Archer N3562G (Change from previous posts where I was riding in a cessna and camping in base camp)

I'm going to go to a lot of the forums and will be trying to get the best seats I can for the airshow!

Missa

mdreger said:

#1 Thanks for keeping us all safe!
#2 Keep a special eye out for Archer N3562G and don't let anyone hurt me!

Missa

I'm flying to Sheboygan, WI (~30 miles SE of KOSH) this Sunday with my grandfather in his Bonanza and will be flying back home on Wednesday. We'll be stopping in Port Huron for fuel, but we'll at the show on Monday, Tuesday, and a part of Wednesday.

mdreger said:
You must be a very talented controller, to be selected as an AirVenture/Oshkosh air traffic controller! I hear the selection process is quite extensive (at least that's what it says on the AirVenture website) and I'm sure you'll do a great job bringing the 'tin into the various fields. Those pink shirts are pretty stylish if I may say so myself. :D

Regards,
Jason

Last edited:
555Juliet said:
Glad to hear you were able to arrange a GA ride, Missa. You're going to have a great time! : )

Yep, the club is actually letting both planes go to Osh and I convinved a freind of mine from MI to go as co-pilot. (Come on Liz stop lurking and say hi, the water's just fine!) I'm more comfotable flying the Archer but it dosen't make shade as nice a the Cessna, That's the only _good_ thing about flying a high wing. The only other thing is I have to get back in enough time on Sunday to wash the plane. The stipulations of letting the archer go was that I had a pilot in the right seat (not that I would have it any other way) and that when I got back I had to wash the plane all by myself.

Missa

Last edited:
Wx permitting...

Arriving 7/21
Departing 7/30 or 31
Camping in WB volunteer area
IAR 823 N129GC
Assisting in P-51 parking area

HPNPilot1200 said:
...You must be a very talented controller, ...

We are legends in our own minds!

Thanks. But remember... It takes more than just those of us that get to work at OSH. Be sure to thank all the controllers you talk to on the way. They are the ones working more than normal traffic, with less than the normal number of controllers so that one or more from their facility can work at OSH. (Nearly all of us at OSH come from various fields within the FAA Central Service Area.). There are also probably a bunch that would like to come to OSH, but their facilities can't let them go because of the inordinate amount of traffic Airventure generates through their airspace.

well im a big *maybe* now. My CFIG has offered to pay for the trip in the ercoupe to a friends strip near Madison, then drive up with him. If we go itll probably be Friday. BUT, if the soaring weather is good, im going to be flying my glider. So we will see...

I think I'm going to hold off and just skip OSH.

Well, I'm stuck in Kirksville, MO. Spent the night here (no internet at the motel) and I'm back out at the FBO looping the danged radar.

Barb canceled at the last minute, so I'm back to being on my own. Yesterday when I checked the forecast for MO, today looked iffy, so I hopped in the Skyhawk late yesterday afternoon and took off from the farm with the temp being 104 degrees. Good thing I was down on fuel a bit. At least I cleared the trees, but didn't have enough fuel to fly further than Kirksville. The engine started running hot, so I had to throttle back and shove the mix back in.

Tony, I may try to get to Cedar Rapids in a bit after the storms pass, or maybe check out the motel at Iowa City if I can't get any farther today.

Does anyone know where Cris Jones lives in Iowa?

Diana, I am going to call you in 51 minutes when i get off work. Chris Jones lives in Boone (BNW) in central iowa, 25ish miles NW of des moines.

tonycondon said:
Diana, I am going to call you in 51 minutes when i get off work.
OK, sounds good! I'll still be hanging out at the FBO and may start in on those survival food rations.

tonycondon said:
Chris Jones lives in Boone (BNW) in central iowa, 25ish miles NW of des moines.
Thanks! I guess that's not on my route...well, not on my *planned* route anyway. Who knows at this point.

Change of plans--weather doesn't look good for Sunday, so we're flying out of HPN commercially on Sunday through Detroit ending up in Milwaukee on Sunday evening and flying back commercially out of Milwaukee on Wednesday morning.

Hope to meet some PoAers!!

Jason

HPNPilot1200 said:
Change of plans--weather doesn't look good for Sunday

Doesn't look so good for Sat in central PA. I may not get out till Sunday which will put me into Osh LATE Sunday or on Monday. It's all still guessing till I get up tomorow early morning and get the weather. Unfortunatlly lately it's been foggy in the morning and the :lightning: T-storms:lightning: are suppose to get worse as the afternoon.

Missa

Missa said:
Doesn't look so good for Sat in central PA. I may not get out till Sunday which will put me into Osh LATE Sunday or on Monday. It's all still guessing till I get up tomorow early morning and get the weather. Unfortunatlly lately it's been foggy in the morning and the :lightning: T-storms:lightning: are suppose to get worse as the afternoon.

Missa

To reason we made the "no" decision was because we weren't sure when frontal passage was actually going to occur on Sunday, leaving Saturday was not an option for us due to previous plans, and not knowing what would come behind the front.

If we waited to make the decision tomorrow, we most likely wouldn't be able to get airline tickets (the ones we got today were expensive as is) and we'd miss the show altogether, something we didn't want to do.

Let us know what you decide, Missa!

Regards,
Jason

Looks like dad and I will be flying the RV up on Thurs/Friday next week. He's been out of the office all week this past week and needs to put out a few fires before he heads out again.

We'll be flying the RV-7A N277DL and parking in Homebuilt Camping. If you stop by and we're not there, leave a note or something and say "Hey!".

Hopefully I'll be able to track a few of the long-termers while there.

-Chris

Diana said:
OK, sounds good! I'll still be hanging out at the FBO and may start in on those survival food rations.

Thanks! I guess that's not on my route...well, not on my *planned* route anyway. Who knows at this point.

Yep.. I am indeed in Boone (BNW). If you're going to CID or IOW from IRK, you won't be heading through this direction. I'll be holding down the fort alone tomorrow (Saturday) since my wife has a friend visiting from Boston and they're going sight-seeing tomorrow, so if you're passing through, give me a holler. I'll PM you my phone number.

-Chris

We will be there with the mighty Apache on Tuesday night. I will probably be working in the Warbird Tower on Wednesday. Stop in and say "Hi!"
We have to leave on Friday morning. We will be camping at SOS Brothers. (Yes, very near the beer tent.)

Leslie and I will definitely be there.

Thursday morning until Sunday evening.

Aunt's place in the Appleton area

Driving Acura. Couldn't get a plane. :(

Will be going to the AOPA ASN breakfast Friday(?) and the FlyInn NZ dinner whenever it's held.

HPNPilot1200 said:
To reason we made the "no" decision was because we weren't sure when frontal passage was actually going to occur on Sunday, leaving Saturday was not an option for us due to previous plans, and not knowing what would come behind the front.

If we waited to make the decision tomorrow, we most likely wouldn't be able to get airline tickets (the ones we got today were expensive as is) and we'd miss the show altogether, something we didn't want to do.

Let us know what you decide, Missa!

Regards,
Jason

This morning is IFR will little hope for improvemt and a nice red cell in Ohio right on my flight path. I'm going to finish throwing things togeter and watch the weather, but it may be tomorow. Monday is also looking ok. Looks like I'll be late but there.

Missa

Missa
Looks like just maybe that storm in Ohio is starting to turn north and weaken a bit. Maybe you will get lucky and this thing will break up. I will be leaving at 9am sunday. See you all there.

Regards Mike

flykelley said:
Missa
Looks like just maybe that storm in Ohio is starting to turn north and weaken a bit. Maybe you will get lucky and this thing will break up. I will be leaving at 9am sunday. See you all there.

Regards Mike

Moving north, but Williamsport is still on it edge and IPT is still IFR. But it's still early. I went back to bed after the first post but now it's time for coffee and get the final packing done. I'll keep an eye on the weather and work on cleaning the house. If I can't make it out before 4, I'll have to wait till first light on Sun and hope the morning fog that's been plauging us lately goes away. There's a club rule about no VFR night flight with out and IR.

Missa

Missa said:
Moving north, but Williamsport is still on it edge and IPT is still IFR. But it's still early. I went back to bed after the first post but now it's time for coffee and get the final packing done. I'll keep an eye on the weather and work on cleaning the house. If I can't make it out before 4, I'll have to wait till first light on Sun and hope the morning fog that's been plauging us lately goes away. There's a club rule about no VFR night flight with out and IR.

Missa
Ok Missa
Just be safe and hope to see you at Oshkosh.

Regards Mike

flykelley said:
Ok Missa
Just be safe and hope to see you at Oshkosh.

Regards Mike

It looks like I'm going to get out today, if the storm keeps moving the way it's been moveing all morning I should be able to get in the air by 4pm. Which is good. I didn't want to add this three hour led onto tomorow and the weather guessers are still calling for fog in the morning here which I won't have to deal with if I make it to MI.

So Mike, are you going around or over the lake?

Also my co-pilot got her tailwheel the week after I did, She and I were going to buy a Citabra together before I moved. So I bringing one more for that toast.

Missa

Missa said:
It looks like I'm going to get out today, if the storm keeps moving the way it's been moveing all morning I should be able to get in the air by 4pm. Which is good. I didn't want to add this three hour led onto tomorow and the weather guessers are still calling for fog in the morning here which I won't have to deal with if I make it to MI.

So Mike, are you going around or over the lake?

Also my co-pilot got her tailwheel the week after I did, She and I were going to buy a Citabra together before I moved. So I bringing one more for that toast.

Missa
Hi Missa
On the way over we are going around the lake, my friend Ivan has never flown the Chicago VFR lake route and it is breath taking. If the weather is good on the way home we will be going over the lake. I sure our paths have crossed at PAC. Several times when Geno and I were flying he would be running a little late and have a female student with him. He would then go do his post flight briefing and I would pre flight 55CW. I am going to bring some pictures of Geno for you ladys to see. Be safe I will be launching at 8am from D98. See everybody there at the greatest show on earth.

Good Luck Mike

Changed my mind. I'll be there the 28th/29th.

Made it to Iowa City on Friday...had to stop d/t storms. Spent the night at a wonderful place next to the airport! Alexis Park Inn. Had the Red Baron Suite with a balcony overlooking the airport. Met some more great people (who also had to stop d/t weather) and we all went out to dinner together.

Saturday morning was forcast "VFR not recommended", but it was VFR all the rest of the way to OSH .

I'm camped in Row 522 if anyone wants to visit.

Linda Guthrie is driving up today and camping under my other wing for a few days. There is an empty spot next to us for an airplane if anyone wants me to save it for them.

It's wonderful to be here again!!!! :)

Leaving thursday night I should be there by 8am friday. Driving up and staying at Circle R CG.

Back