Off Airport Landing

Wasn't a pretty landing but he walked away and no damage done, I guess that is all that matters.

Good thing he stopped before the light or the cop would have written him a ticket for running a red light

Not gonna cut the guy any slack huh?

Not gonna cut the guy any slack huh?
Just having a little fun. If it was truly fuel exhaustion caused by pilot error, he'll never hear the end of it. Either way, I'm really happy that he and everyone else (and hopefully the airplane, despite someone manhandling the elevator) came away unscathed.

I hope I never have to land on a road. If I do, I hope I do it as well as he did. And there's always someone shooting video when you really slap it down, isn't there?

Wasn't a pretty landing but he walked away and no damage done, I guess that is all that matters.
Right on both accounts. It wasn't pretty, but he and it looks like his plane were completely unharmed.

As if having to land on a busy road is not pucker factor enough, I'm sure his pucker factor shot up another notch or two with that landing.

Right on both accounts. It wasn't pretty, but he and it looks like his plane were completely unharmed.

As if having to land on a busy road is not pucker factor enough, I'm sure his pucker factor shot up another notch or two with that landing.

Agree with the above... I don't fault his landing. He was a little fast, but probably didn't know to precisely how far he may have to stretch his glide to avoid cars. The plane got a little squirrelly with the heavy braking to avoid the intersection. He did a good job. His fuel planning might be another story.

Back