Obtaining a copy of your FAA medical records.

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I'm sharing this since the question of obtaining a copy of airmen records comes up once and a while. And hopefully this will help others.

I wanted a copy of my FAA medical records. I had misplaced the binder of records I had maintained. And I may be switching AME's when I am ready to switch up to a 2nd class from the current BasicMed. Having everything OKC has on me gives me confidence I'll fill out the MedXpress correctly when it's time for that (no omissions or getting a doctor visit date mixed up).

I started at this FAA web page. And filled out the online request form in late April.
Two weeks later, I received an letter that acknowledged my request. Today I received the packet.

There was no charge for the record pull or copy/printing/mailing because my file was relatively small. But I have seen/heard that they will ask for reimbursement if the cost reaches a certain threshold.

Thumbing through the pages, everything I remember having (and I lost) is there. Also there is the additional items that the AME completed and sent in. I find this interesting to see what that bit of the certification puzzle looks like as I had never seen it before.

Anyhow, getting the records was a simple process, and relatively quick (I was ready for 8 weeks and it took 5).

FAA, simple, quick?

aKqDchW.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back