O-200 Core Value

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
A fellow passed away with no relatives who are pilots. They have an ancient 150 that they asked me to do an annual on so that they could sell it and distribute the proceeds according to the will. No problem.

But in the back of the hangar there are a couple of O-200 engines. Nobody seems to know where they came from or the logbooks are for them, so they are orphans. Not knowing the pedigree of either of them, a couple of MY friends would like to buy the cores to rebuild when THEIR 150s need engines.

How in the hell do I know what these engines are worth?

Thanks,

Jim

I would usually call up a few salvage yards to see what they were selling cores for when I ran across a stray or two.

A fellow passed away with no relatives who are pilots. They have an ancient 150 that they asked me to do an annual on so that they could sell it and distribute the proceeds according to the will. No problem.

But in the back of the hangar there are a couple of O-200 engines. Nobody seems to know where they came from or the logbooks are for them, so they are orphans. Not knowing the pedigree of either of them, a couple of MY friends would like to buy the cores to rebuild when THEIR 150s need engines.

Thanks,

Jim
A 0-200-A used running engine is selling @2 grand. They are actually worth more dissembled and measured than full engines.
Disassembled them and sell on e-bay then discard the junk.

Back