NYC Hotels

Wow. Remind me not to go to NYC.. I consider $80 a night expensive for a place to sleep.

NYC is nothing man. Try $500 a night in a third world country plus a $100 for your security detail.

Cheers,

-Andrew

NYC is nothing man. Try $500 a night in a third world country plus a $100 for your security detail.

And hundreds of dollars a day for an armored vehicle. $100 for a security detail is nothing... it's much more costly than that.

And hundreds of dollars a day for an armored vehicle. $100 for a security detail is nothing... it's much more costly than that.

We had the detail, but no vehicle. Company wouldn't pay for it because no EVP or above was in it. But we did get an armed guard, who slept more than he did anything...

Cheers,

-Andrew

We had the detail, but no vehicle. Company wouldn't pay for it because no EVP or above was in it. But we did get an armed guard, who slept more than he did anything...

A CFO friend of mine refuses to take the corporate jet to Mexico City, preferring to dress in turista clothes and take commercial flights. Says taking a corp jet into Mexico "marks" the people who leave the plane. Another friend always has a security detail and armored vehicles.

A CFO friend of mine refuses to take the corporate jet to Mexico City, preferring to dress in turista clothes and take commercial flights. Says taking a corp jet into Mexico "marks" the people who leave the plane. Another friend always has a security detail and armored vehicles.

We usually do the security detail and armored vehicles. Then again we are using the corp jet too.

Smart move. Go incognito.

My current firm is jetless. Even the Chairman, who is worth just shy of $14B, flies coach everywhere.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back