Number One Song When Your Plane Was Born...

Rolling Stones “Angie”. Oct 1973. Actually a song I still like
Good thread Spike

January by Pilot??? January 28, 1975

Ugh. @SCCutler, you ruined my airplane!

December 10, 1996: The Macarena. :vomit:

"7 Rings" Ariana Grande... guess I'll go listen to it now.

Edit: Got through a minute of it. Spoiler- it's garbage...

Interesting. I don't pay much attention to the rest of her music, but... She's on the Tonight Show from time to time, and Jimmy Fallon always has her do the "Wheel of Musical Impressions" where the guest and Jimmy take turns singing a "randomly" (supposedly) chosen song, and a separate artist, and they have to sing that song in the style of that artist. Ariana Grande is easily the best person at that game, though I was impressed with Alessia Cara the other night. Here's an example:

If you watch all the way through, you see her do spot-on impressions of three very different singers... She's clearly very talented.

Don't know if this made number one, but if it did I'm gonna hunt down a plane that was airworthied then and buy that mofo

Well, according to Wikipedia:

"Stills's first solo album, Stephen Stills, went gold and is the only album to feature both Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton. Its hit single, "Love the One You're With", became his biggest solo hit, peaking at number 14 on the Billboard Hot 100."

However: "Singer/songwriter Ray Lamontagne has noted in interviews that track ten on this album, 'Treetop Flyer,' is the song that convinced him to pursue a career in music."

And while Ray Lamontagne has never had a #1 song that I can tell, he did have a #1 album. You're looking for an airplane produced the week of May 17, 2014.

3/18/1972: The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh)

The urge to sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is always only a whim away.
A whim away.
A whim away...

1950 Goodnight Irene by the Gordon Jenkins and the Weavers.

Jan. 2004. It was OutKast - Hey Ya!

And no, I don’t know the song, but Wikipedia says it had a famous line ‘shake it like a Polaroid film”

Back