Nuclear waste

Or store it in a local store 'n go. Let the rent get behind and have the Tv show Storage Wars bid for it and haul it off....

I suggested something similar to the NSA back in 1980. They were complaining in an industrial meeting about the cost of producing the "Preferred Products List" and distributing it quarterly. I suggested, in the meeting, that they simply classify it Confidential (it was unclassified) and leak it to Aviation Week and Space Technology magazine (known in the spook world as Aviation Leak and Spy Technology). They would publish it free of charge every quarter. Somehow the NSA people in the meeting didn't think that suggestion was funny. No sense of humor, I guess.

I suggested something similar to the NSA back in 1980. They were complaining in an industrial meeting about the cost of producing the "Preferred Products List" and distributing it quarterly. I suggested, in the meeting, that they simply classify it Confidential (it was unclassified) and leak it to Aviation Week and Space Technology magazine (known in the spook world as Aviation Leak and Spy Technology). They would publish it free of charge every quarter. Somehow the NSA people in the meeting didn't think that suggestion was funny. No sense of humor, I guess.
About 25 years ago (i.e., before Photoshop was that well known) I scanned in a cover from Aviation Week that was an artist concept of a civilian satellite on orbit, and replaced the bird with our own highly-classified product. I added a few teaser headlines to go with it ("XXXX reaches IOC," etc.).

Had a lot of fun with it. I stuck it on the cover of a real AvWeek, and dropped it on our security head's desk, just to get a rise out of him. Next customer presentation, I included it in my chart deck. Got a lot of laughs. The Government guys received digital copies of the presentations, of course, and started showing it within their own organization.

About fifteen years later, the THEN-security chief called me to her office, showed me the picture on her computer, and asked if I knew anything about it.

Turns out the photo had made the rounds so much in the Government that PEOPLE HAD FORGOTTEN WHERE IT CAME FROM. There were some who were concerned it was an actual cover.

Didn't get in trouble over it, but they were quite relieved that it was faked.....

Ron Wanttaja

Back