Nuclear avionics

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
I was just bumming around youtube looking at random stuff. Found this video.... I had a good chuckle. Skip to about 2:41 and look what's being used in the B-52

Modern avionics...supplemented by an iPad with Fore Flight attached to the windscreen.

Navigated 500 miles thru the desert from Kuwait to FOB Speicher with a Garmin GPS 12. Totally unauthorized. That’s old school NAV. ;)

Last edited:
Check out this gem...

I've had the displeasure of transiting the Strait of Hormuz a few times. Have some interesting stories about that. The fact that they are able to replace their old Soviet made "Kilos" with brand new small diesel-electric boats, at the rate of 4-5 per year is not pleasant to think about. -I'm glad I'm retired.

Modern avionics...supplemented by an iPad with Fore Flight attached to the windscreen.

Navigated 500 miles thru the desert from Kuwait to FOB Speicher with a Garmin GPS 12. Totally unauthorized. That’s old school NAV. ;)

And, then theres the "small-boats" crew that tried to wing it on a short trip in the PG, and spent a few nights as guests of the Iranians

O

Old school Nav would have dug out the sextant!

Back