NTSB to reopen Buddy Holly's plane crash?

DaveA

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DaveA
Supposedly they want to further investigate pilot error....VFR pilot taking off in near IFR conditions at night? Yup. Pilot error.

Next topic please....

Last edited:
This makes no sense for the NTSB to spend any resource on, are we sure the source is accurate?

I love seeing them waste money while I contemplate paying the ridiculous taxes I'm now faced with.

That will be the day,that the government worries about saving tax dollars.

Supposedly they want to further investigate pilot error....VFR pilot taking off in near IFR conditions at night? Yup. Pilot error.

Next topic please....
Source?

Why would both magneto switches be found in the off position?

Could be a typo in the report and the author meant to say "on" instead. After all, there is a huge glaring mistake in Holly's name so it stands to reason that there are more mistakes in it.

The CAB gives Holly's name as Charles Hardin. His full legal name was Charles Hardin Holley and they mistook his middle name for his last name.

Let's say they find some earth-shattering revelation completely missed by the original investigation...

What are they going to do about it, now? Everybody involved is dead and buried.

Let's say they find some earth-shattering revelation completely missed by the original investigation...

That's why I don't believe it's real.

I have inside information that the FAA received a confidential tip that the accident pilot was suffering from a case of jock rot during the flight, so they asked NTSB to re-open the investigation so a case could be made for another disqualifying medical condition.

Rich

They'll blame it on sleep apnea, or cellphones...

Newest theory is rudder pedals. No, not the ruddervator, the rudder pedals.

It's just govt money....

94% of all statistics on the internet are made up.

I meant 91%. :yesnod:

So, are we to theorize that the guy bringing this up has some stake in proving that Bonanza rudder pedals are faulty??:dunno: Sounds like the Cessna gas cap guy, blame everything one the one thing that you think is wrong and try to bolster your own case. :nono:

Newest theory is rudder pedals. No, not the ruddervator, the rudder pedals.

It's just govt money....

"78% of all Internet statistics are made up" Abraham Lincoln, Chicago 1863

Yeah, I saw that tweet too. Liked his hashtag -- "BigBeard";) clever

Bill O'Reilly actually saw the plane crash. And then told his mother about it...

I know, Brian Williams was supposed to be on the plane, but him and Waylon Jennings picked up a couple girls and shared a bad of coke instead! :D

Did the NTSB determine that the pilot actually had an ingrown fingernail, which means we now have a disqualifying condition to sit aside those of us with Kidney Stones and CPAPs?

Fox News has a federal court decision in their pocket that says they have no obligation to tell the truth.:rofl: No where in that article is there anyone from the NTSB commenting on this. This is far from press release quality. The guy they are getting their info from is like Simplex in the 62lb /HP thread.:rofl:

Just more infotainment for the masses at this point. When I see the NTSB guy at the podium on the news, then I will consider that they may be on this. If there was something AD worthy involved, it would have appeared long ago.

Back