Now you too can own a Mig 29

I think you would be somewhat limited on what airports you could fly a MIG 29 in and out of. Plus, repacking the drogue chute after every landing would get old.

I think you would be somewhat limited on what airports you could fly a MIG 29 in and out of. Plus, repacking the drogue chute after every landing would get old.
Definitely first world problems. You'd have to have a second plane for short field and back country stuff. Like, you know, a PC-12.

If I were Putin, I would probably buy a V22 Osprey as my short hop ride. I mean, he can afford it.

What would be the fuel burn on a Mig-29?

Years ago, I went to Ukraine and flew the L-39, Su-25, and Mig-29.

I got the most stick time in the Su-25.

But we did a dirty Immelmann on takeoff in the Mig-29. :D

What would be the fuel burn on a Mig-29?

If you have to ask...

Let's just say that the $100 hamburger would involve taxiing to the restaurant on the same field.

If someone has some experience flying pointy things, and some western countries loan a certain country some pointy things, then you might be able to trade some operational time doing that for them, for some time flying whatever our friendly country has now. No idea if mercs extend to that kind of flying, but pretty sure there are people on the ground doing that right now. That may sound crazy, but it's been done before.

I’m reminded of the scene from Independence Day…

“I can fly…. I’m a pilot”

I’m reminded of the scene from Independence Day…

“I can fly…. I’m a pilot”

don't forget: "I have GOT to get me one of these..."

Back