Now on Facebook - Project: Mustang, LLC

Display Name

Display name:
Project: Mustang
Project Mustang is new to this forum. The best way to introduce us is for you to have you visit our page on Facebook. Some great videos there, plus a number of cool photos.

This is for all aviation fans, but we cater to (of course) the P-51 types!

Project: Mustang, LLC

P1010366.jpg

Facebook? I don't think so. You might want to consider getting a real website.

We're getting old.

Facebook is the new "Here's my website URL"

I don't like it but anyone can build a fb page and it will be completely intuitive to the end user since everyone is on it.

Is that a new design or one of the existing scale Mustangs? What does it have for power?

Is that a new design or one of the existing scale Mustangs? What does it have for power?

Our wing is a new design, a symmetrical wing. High speed. The current wing velocity limited to 239 mph...downhill, power on.

Titan Aircraft T-51. They have more replica P-51's flying than all other manufacturers combined.

I only mentioned our page on FB so as to give anyone on this forum easy access to the info (photos / videos) on the Mustang. It was not intended to draw derogatory remarks about FB. I'm not a fan of this medium, but only employ it now as pseudo web page until we find a designer to work with us on the project.

I could not load all of the photos here...lots of them on our page. If you are interested, go look at it. If you are a P-51 enthusiast, you will be entertained.

On the other hand, if you are not interested, go elsewhere and please keep any negative comments to yourself.

M. Dwayne Oleson
Chief Pilot - Project Mustang
"Denton Doll"

Nice explanation and comeback! Welcome aboard, hope you hang around. And good luck with your project, looks like an absolute hoot.

:thumbsup:

Nice plane! Not everyone here hates Facebook, but you put it in the thread title, so you were bound to attract those that would not miss an opportunity bash Facebook. This is an aviation forum, but there are a few here that won't let that get in the way using it to express personal beliefs that have nothing to do with the thread topic, in this case a really interesting airplane project that is right on point for our forum. Welcome to PoA and please don't be discouraged by the early posts.

Nice explanation and comeback! Welcome aboard, hope you hang around. And good luck with your project, looks like an absolute hoot.

:thumbsup:

We are two years into the build at this point. The new wing has been a challenge on several levels. Lots of on the fly "R&D" going on, if you know what I mean!

Our estimate for the first flight is next summer, June, perhaps July.

Yes, this airplane is a real hoot! It draws a crowd wherever you go. A 20 minute fuel stop turns into a 2 hour show and tell event.

Plus it is a dream to fly. I just flew the V8 (Chevy) powered model...OMG! Talk about power!

The base kit is $54,900. Many builders have well in excess of $100,000 invested. I know of some that have spent over $175,000.

Our wing is a new design, a symmetrical wing. High speed. The current wing velocity limited to 239 mph...downhill, power on.

Titan Aircraft T-51. They have more replica P-51's flying than all other manufacturers combined.

M. Dwayne Oleson
Chief Pilot - Project Mustang
"Denton Doll"

Interesting, what speed are you expecting on the new wing?

Interesting, what speed are you expecting on the new wing?

The standard wing will cruise at 200 - 210 mph. That is high cruise power with the V8. We anticipate cruising close to 240 - 250 mph with the new wing. And that is with the LS3 6.2 Corvette engine.

The new wing, installed on Titan's B model Mustang, with the V12 engine, is at Oshkosh right now.

Back