NOTAM Meaning KPOY

MTWings

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
MTWings
Does anyone have any idea of what this means?
!CPR 10/155 POY SVC NGT LDG RWY 13/31 AUTH 1810111923-1908112359

What is a service night landing runway?

I am thinking it is just saying use this runway at night since Powell's other two runways are grass and not lighted.

Google tells me it has something to do with neonatal ventilation strategies during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The NTSB translated it as "garbage" so there is that answer as well.

Does anyone have any idea of what this means?
!CPR 10/155 POY SVC NGT LDG RWY 13/31 AUTH 1810111923-1908112359

What is a service night landing runway?

I am thinking it is just saying use this runway at night since Powell's other two runways are grass and not lighted.

"SVC" is the type of NOTAM. Normally, that would be used if an airport ran out of fuel or something. But, this is a Runway NOTAM, not a Service NOTAM... And I don't know why night landings wouldn't be authorized already, since there's nothing in the A/FD to that effect.

"SVC" is the type of NOTAM. Normally, that would be used if an airport ran out of fuel or something. But, this is a Runway NOTAM, not a Service NOTAM... And I don't know why night landings wouldn't be authorized already, since there's nothing in the A/FD to that effect.

Correct. SVC "Service" is the keyword for the NOTAM. However I can't explain the reason for this NOTAM. There is nothing anywhere saying night landings were ever not authorized, so why was this NOTAM issued? It would be like having an "airport is open" NOTAM in my opinion. Unless I'm missing something. A quick call to the airport manager might clear it up?

Back