[Not Video] Check out my plane from a Drone (/Not a video)

Two of my friends pulled a couple of guys out of a 177 that missed that tree and hit another one!

I remember the phone call.
My Friend: We pulled these guys out of a plane... would have left them in it but fuel was everywhere. They hit a tree and split the plane open.
Me: That tree is scary!
My Friend: No, not that tree!

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2017/11/cessna-177-n3202t-accident-occurred.html
KathrynsReport.jpg
Huh?

The pilot stated that during a visual approach to Runway 25 at 3T0 he utilized left aileron and right rudder control inputs, based on a crosswind from the south. As the airplane descended below a tree line, the wind decreased and the airplane drifted to the left. During touchdown and rollout on the turf runway, the airplane continued to drift to the left. The pilot attempted to input right rudder, but felt like his input was not having any effect.
Why would the plane be drifting (I assume this means turning) left on the ground if he was already applying right rudder?

And that tree at the end on the runway is really off to the side. Only a problem if you get fixated....

Huh?

And that tree at the end on the runway is really off to the side. Only a problem if you get fixated....
We all expect that someone will hit that tree someday. When he told me someone hit a tree, I expected it to be that one.

If you've been into Cedar Mills, you'll know that tree. The tree is off to the side, but not by much. It does get your attention!

52394068257_c5473b71c6_c.jpg

I recall multiple landings at that airstrip we're at the last minute that tree jumped right out in front of me. It moves

I am somewhat impressed with how well that grass runway is built and how flood resilient it is.

During the Texas Monsoon of 2015, the lake rose high enough to cover 2/3’s off the runway. That oak tree was pretty much complexly submerged.

When lake levels returned to normal, it didn’t take long for the surface to dry out and safe operations could resume. And it did not require hardly any manual labor to make it that way.

All cool, except GIF wasn't a useless file format. Back when modems were 1200 baud and x86 was just for business people, GIF was a pretty good option for simple graphic files. BMP was the silly/useless one that came out later, possibly created because no one at the time that worked at Microsoft could write a compression routine. GIF, like AT command codes, still survive for some weird reason.

I'm so angry that you forced me to watch a video. POA needs to make a sub forum for this! Now, where are my white new balances and cell phone case for my belt?!?!

Back