"Not So Obvious" Hangar Accessories

HangarSphere

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
HangarSphere
Looking for a list of "not so obvious" hangar accessories. Items could be anything from glass bottle Coke machines to elevated TKS Fluid stand to big air compressors for pneumatic tools. Be creative in your response, there is no wrong answer...but keep it clean:goofy:

Thanks again,
Lars

Number 1 hangar requirement - refrigerator stocked with post-flight beer.

Cheap pressure washer, beer fridge, bbq, couch, sunscreen and basic overnight stuff, good pawnshop special 6 or so speaker sound system, also like those portable propane heaters

I bought the following for my friend's mancave:

1. Mini model of his plane (hot wheels)

2. Ball in cup with string (pilots hang out on the couch and drink, they get bored, something to play with)

3. Framed vintage Clipper poster (huge and looks so good on his hangar wall):

wrfQqB4.jpg

He collected all the sectionals and stapled them to a wall (took up a whole wall just for CA and surrounding areas). He then marked with push pins where he has landed. He drew on a long string 10nm tick marks to measure cross countries. Pretty neat.

He collected all the sectionals and stapled them to a wall (took up a whole wall just for CA and surrounding areas). He then marked with push pins where he has landed. He drew on a long string 10nm tick marks to measure cross countries. Pretty neat.

Isn't that why the invented Sky Vector????? :dunno: :D

A geriatric mutt that will let anybody pet him, but doesn't pester for attention.

Where is your sense of history and adventure? This was a tribute to the way the old flight schools used to teach.

My sense of history and adventure is fine.(My certificate signed by Orville is a priceless heirloom :D )At every station I ever flew out of the Ops room had such a high tech device. It provided instant vectors to launch on when you got a call that "there's a boat in trouble off Joe's point" etc.

filing cabinet for receipts, maint manuals, books about the airplane.

a melamine garage organizer for all of your stuff like the case of oil, cleaning and polishing supplies, cleaning rags, etc.

Snap-On tool pinup calendar.
Usually on a month several years ago, when a particularly.... endowed.... model was selected for that month.

I have the beer fridge, but I also have a single cup coffee maker for those cold mornings.

I feel qualified to answer only because 2/3 of my garage has been re-purposed as a "hangar" while building. There IS an airplane, or parts thereof, in it.

I'm looking for one of the old 60s/70s vintage pop machines that vends glass bottles through the glass door. It will make a dandy beer dispenser.

I'm looking for one of the old 60s/70s vintage pop machines that vends glass bottles through the glass door. It will make a dandy beer dispenser.

My old hangar mate has one. He stopped using it because the electrical cost to run that thing was staggering (something like $150-200/mo). The old cooling mechanisms here horribly inefficient, and the door allowed a lot of cold out.

There always needs to be something that offends a feminist and makes women everywhere mumble something about boys never growing up . . .

There always needs to be something that offends a feminist and makes women everywhere mumble something about boys never growing up . . .
The airplane will take care of the second part of that, usually.

Oh. I didn't know that.

That's what all the pilots at my airport tell me. When I'm in their mancaves. Then again, they had a few beers when they said this and the very next weekend one of their wives was in there - she didn't even know where it was after all these years and had to follow us in her car down to the end of all the hangar rows!

Microwave for popcorn, hot dogs and the occasional cup o' ramen noodles. Or beef n' bean burrito, if theres a sufficient cross- wind.

Last edited:
A spare airplane....

Attachments

• 2012 Xmas. 048.jpg
    2012 Xmas. 048.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 58
  • 2012 Xmas. 047.jpg
    2012 Xmas. 047.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 46
Back