Not quite perfect

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
NYG 17, NE 14. There goes the "perfect" season! :D

Helluva defensive battle, until the fourth quarter. Pretty fun game to watch, if you ask me. :yes:

I agree....now, wonder when I am going to get to take-off?!

one of the better games in years.....except for the packers not being in it of course!

Bill Belichick is an idiot. 4th & 13? He loses the game single handed. Coach of the year?? I don't think so.

Steve Smith should make MVP but I'm sure he won't. He had a great game.

Good think my next IR lesson isn't for another week. My CFII is going to be pretty bummed for a while. Big time NE fan.

I thought it was an exciting game, and since the Seahawks weren't in it, it didn't really matter all that much who won.

Bill Belichick is an idiot. 4th & 13? He loses the game single handed. Coach of the year?? I don't think so.

I thought Smith dropped a couple of balls early in the game.

Anyway, I thought the cool part of the game was how Ely Manning evolved, starting with his pre-game deer-in-the-headlights look, followed by his NFL Films moment of escaping NE's defense on that 4th quarter pass play. Pretty cool - I'm glad the underdogs won.

That, and his classless walking up the tunnel before the game is done move...schmuck.

I know someone that calls him "Coach Bellicheat"...

51PBEqYnFyL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/19-0-Historic...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202136717&sr=8-1

Is this a "cover the bases" publishing routine?

When I saw Giants players wearing wearing the championship hats after the game, I was thinking... "That has to be the fastest embroidery contract ever done!"

Actually, I was thinking... if one of those Patriots Championship hats made it out into the public, what kind of value would it fetch on the open sport's collector's market?

Is this a "cover the bases" publishing routine?
Yup. You'd be surprised at how much of that goes on. Many newspapers even have pre-written obituaries for local muckety mucks, complete with friends/colleagues saying what a great person they were. I was lucky enough to be involved in collecting the quotes for some very early in my career.

"Let's say XXXXXX was dead. What would you say?"

Well, OK, maybe we were a LITTLE more tactful ...

"Let's say XXXXXX was dead. What would you say?"

Well, OK, maybe we were a LITTLE more tactful ...
Yep, that came to light quite a bit more than the media would have liked thanks to a goof up by ABC news.

They had an obituary written for Bob Hope on a web page and ready to link to. Unfortunately, some idiot jumped the gun on allowing a link. That was in 1998. I recall it quite well... I heard it on the news as I was exiting GA 400 at Mansell Road. I even became teary-eyed at this supposed loss. There was another time for Bob Hope on top of that but cannot recall exactly when.

Yep, that came to light quite a bit more than the media would have liked thanks to a goof up by ABC news.

They had an obituary written for Bob Hope on a web page and ready to link to. Unfortunately, some idiot jumped the gun on allowing a link. That was in 1998. I recall it quite well... I heard it on the news as I was exiting GA 400 at Mansell Road. I even became teary-eyed at this supposed loss. There was another time for Bob Hope on top of that but cannot recall exactly when.

It was CNN.com and they accidentally let a whole bunch of obits be accessible on the public site. They were all just CSS templates but the real birth dates were in there.

It was CNN.com and they accidentally let a whole bunch of obits be accessible on the public site. They were all just CSS templates but the real birth dates were in there.

That kind of mistake happens more often than most people recognize.

I still chuckle a bit when I think of the time that a UPI worker put the wrong TTY tape on the machine, and sent an alert to radio and TV stations that the US was under attack. Only a small handful bothered to make the required announcements - most ignored it.

These days, DHS would probably be shipping those folks off to Gitmo.

That does sound right. Thinking back more, it was ABC who picked up the story from monitoring other news sources. I can't recall if it was WGST or WSB who aired the story at the time.

That kind of mistake happens more often than most people recognize.

I still chuckle a bit when I think of the time that a UPI worker put the wrong TTY tape on the machine, and sent an alert to radio and TV stations that the US was under attack. Only a small handful bothered to make the required announcements - most ignored it.

These days, DHS would probably be shipping those folks off to Gitmo.

There's an SNL skit with Tom Brokaw announcing the death of Gerald Ford by all kinds of causes before he left on vacation.
"Chopped to death by the propeller of a commuter plane," and they show a Cessna!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZnoLeVuAwy4

http://www.mediabistro.com/articles/cache/a9612.asp

Last edited:
Last edited:

They lost the game earlier when there was 2.5 minutes left before they scored the touchdown. 3 passes:dunno: turn that into 3 runs or 2 runs and a pass and I think they win. Never leave 2 minutes on the clock if you don't have to. I think the Pack could have beat them too.

Dan

They lost the game earlier when there was 2.5 minutes left before they scored the touchdown. 3 passes:dunno: turn that into 3 runs or 2 runs and a pass and I think they win. Never leave 2 minutes on the clock if you don't have to. I think the Pack could have beat them too.

Dan

Ah, but THEY DIDN'T LEAVE THAT MUCH TIME ON THE CLOCK. The officials stopped the clock for no reason!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLABLsiVRk

there was some serious goofyness with the clock in the last 2+ minutes, but I don't think it affected the outcome of the game.

The decision to go for it on 4th and 17 (or was it 19) was beyond my comprehension.

Video removed. I hate youtube more and more for complying with stupid copyright restrictions

The NFL didn't mind at all nipping their error in the bud. The guy who made it still has it. Look for lotsa copies mirrored everywhere.

The key thing was the clock stopped when the officials might have called for a measurement, but they hadn't and the clock should have kept running.

The game was won until Eli pulled the houdini and got out of the sack. Had the defensive secondary played to the whistle, that one handed helmet catch may not have been made either.That said, Strahan and company did a superb job. They knew what they had to do to win, and did it. The Pats line simply could not stop them.
Brady looked flat from the first possession. For as much time as he spent on his back, he played well. Eli played great too.

Heck of a game. I am getting sick of hearing the bloviators beat up on the Pats. Winning 18 games straight in the NFL is one hell of a hard thing to do.

NYG 17, NE 14. There goes the "perfect" season! :D

Whoops... I was mistaken. What was I thinking when I wrote the subject line? :dunno:

America's Finest News Source said:
Patriots' Season Perfect For Rest Of Nation

FOXBOROUGH, MA—As the once-invincible, still-insufferable Patriots attempt to come to grips with their 17-14 Super Bowl loss to the Giants, the death of their dream to go undefeated, and the possible end of their dynasty, almost every other person in America is reveling in what they consider the perfect ending to New England's season.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/patriots_season_perfect_for_rest

:D :D :D

Back