not my day to fly today and

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
the wind is 3KT right down the runway..... Grrrr ....%$#*&

i was hoping to get to learn the art of landing soon... but nopes, everytime i fly ..its 15G22 or higher :mad::mad:

If you keep flying in 15G22 you will indeed learn the art of landing! :D
true. but i am going thru a i need to solo yesterday phase ... so that i can call in sick and go flying when the wx is good :):)

Most of my landing training was in strong crosswinds. It took longer before I could solo, but I solod with a 10 knot crosswind 90 degrees off. My instructor made me do 5 landings with him before he signed me off, he said "I can't believe I'm endorsing for a 10 knot cross wind but you can land in this wind so go do it". So learning with a cross wind isn't a bad thing.

I had great difficulty learning to land right... And every single afternoon I was getting crosswinds. One day my instructor was saying "more right rudder" incessantly. I told him "I have no rudder left!" He then sighed, said "like this!-- Oh. Well... Good job. Keep it up."

Now I can land pretty well in jacked up crosswinds... but can't land with winds down the runway to save my life. Lol

Back