Not getting my G500 TXI

John Derksen

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
farmer
Is anybody getting there G500 TXI ? I was suppose to get mine in DEC, Had my plane at the shop since Jan 8 and am still waiting on the TXI, Not a happy customer, Don't hear anything from Garmin.

I heard they were more than a month late on the delivery date and more than 2 months behind in backlog. I'm betting more than that.

They had a problem with a supplier and had to rework/scrap a bunch of units. From a Garmin rep on another forum. I think they’re doing the right thing, but the commo sucks.

“Everyone, we have started shipping these. I just worked with a dealer on one of the first ones being installed in a TBM yesterday and found some of our first problems which we're addressing. I do understand Mark's logic and from a consumer standpoint also understand the frustration. I just don't want you to think we're doing something like this on purpose as it's not. I won't go into detail but we had every intention of shipping on the planned scheduled dates with the announcement was made and actually had over 1000 displays ready to go before the problem was found with them and literally had to scrap them and go back to the vendor of them to have this issue corrected. unfortunately it was too late to recall the announcement and the hook had been set.
I'm not making excuses and do truly understand, but our phones would have been lighting up and the expense would have been huge with downed planes if we had delivered these and this issue started popping up.

but our planning team is filling orders as these get built as quickly as humanly possible.

again, I apologize for the delays.” - Trek Lawler

This same thing happened with the GAD29B...they announced all this stuff would be ready, but took like an additional 6 months before deliveries were made. Business as usual.

This same thing happened with the GAD29B...they announced all this stuff would be ready, but took like an additional 6 months before deliveries were made. Business as usual.

Didn't Yingling have an "Ascend" 172 at Oshkosh last year with the GFC500 in it? They didn't start shipping those till about last month.

I did get my G500 TXI, March 12th and they are working on install, Thanks for the reply's.

Back