Not as major as my PPL, but.....

drotto

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
drotto
I got my high performance and complex sign-offs today.

nice job! congrats, much more fun to fly than the 172 trainers.

Sweet!
HP is all I have gotten since private.

Extra power is a lot of fun.

Well done. In what airframe(s)?

I started in my Saratoga on Saturday. It's funny the things I was worried about seem to be non-issues. It's the little flow items that I'm struggling with. It's all becoming more natural but I am planning on hangar flying some this weekend along with the actual flying.

I started in my Saratoga on Saturday. It's funny the things I was worried about seem to be non-issues. It's the little flow items that I'm struggling with. It's all becoming more natural but I am planning on hangar flying some this weekend along with the actual flying.

Biggest issue I have is the plane is still getting a little ahead of my, and I am not used to it enough to fly the same pattern size I was in the Warrior (which you can't really expect). I have to remember to make my pattern slightly larger to accommodate the increased speed, and larger turn radius.

Second thing I need to do is put the gear down while the plane is still faster. The extension speed is 134k, but I have been slowing down to like 110k before I have been hitting the gear lever. By putting the gear down while slower, the plane really wants to lose altitude fast, and I have been low in the pattern because of this. The CFI says next time I go up to try lowering the gear around 125k, and you should not have the sink issue.

Back