Not a milestone, just interesting...

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I updated my logbook today, and wasn't expecting to see that number.

Attachments

• Ed's Book.pdf
    15.2 KB · Views: 115
Well, it didn't have to look very far into its repertoire of numerals, now did it? :p

Hey Ed, if you ever wanted a paycut that puts you in the realm of being hired by the airlines. Just need 50 hrs multi and you're a shoe in!:D

I updated my logbook today, and wasn't expecting to see that number.

Hmmm, kinda interesting comparing your numbers with mine. I have about 60 hours more than you, you have: more actual time(naturally), less hood time, more x/c time, less dual received(show-off), less as CFI. The last totalled page in my logbook reads 600.0:D

Last edited:
Over 500 hours I see. I guess we can trust your advice now :D

Over 500 hours I see. I guess we can trust your advice now :D

I assume you're talking about Edfred. I wouldn't trust anything I had to say in regards to aviation.........I'm still a knucklehead. Plus, he'll beat me at golf.

Please excuse my newness but, you have 583 takeoffs and 573 landings. Are those daytime to's and night landing which makes the difference. Or did you jump out of the plane and leave it up there?:goofy:
________
Yamaha XS400

Last edited:
Day TO Landing Night TO Landing

I had a few flights that started in the day, ended at night, hence the -10 differential in the day, and +10 at night. I'm not enough of an early bird to take off at night and land during the day to get em back to even.

Please excuse my newness but, you have 583 takeoffs and 573 landings. Are those daytime to's and night landing which makes the difference. Or did you jump out of the plane and leave it up there?:goofy:

Funny, but I have something similar in my log book. When starting out, I did the take off & the instructor landed. He gave me the take off but not the landing. I wonder if his logbook shows more landings than takeoffs if he does this with every student.

Another possibility is shared flying- he did the takeoff but the copilot landed.

I only log landings.

I don't really do multi-crew ops, so I don't have to worry about who flew the takeoff and who flew the landing.

~ Christopher

I only log landings.

I don't really do multi-crew ops, so I don't have to worry about who flew the takeoff and who flew the landing.

~ Christopher

Might want to look at the wording of 61.57

unless within the preceding 90 days that person has made at least three takeoffs and three landings

If you don't log takeoffs, how do you document you are current for passengers? There have been times where I have had 4 or 5 night landings in the 90 day period, but have NOT BEEN NIGHT CURRENT because I only had 1 or 2 night takeoffs over that same 90 days.

Log your takeoffs or you could get busted if someone from the FSDO asks for your logbook record.

Might want to look at the wording of 61.57

If you don't log takeoffs, how do you document you are current for passengers? There have been times where I have had 4 or 5 night landings in the 90 day period, but have NOT BEEN NIGHT CURRENT because I only had 1 or 2 night takeoffs over that same 90 days.

Log your takeoffs or you could get busted if someone from the FSDO asks for your logbook record.

You are only required to log what you need to prove your currency, Some logbooks do not have a space for takeoffs so I make it a point to specifically document a takeoff occasionally for this reason. Just as I also make it a point to log holds and VOR tracking for IFR currency, I wish logbooks would have spaces for all this stuff.

Last edited:
I specifically note if I make a day T/O and a night landing.

Also, it should be pretty easy to see, because you have a flight with the TT longer than the night time.

In any case, I usually go out about every so often for an hour or so specifically to practice night ops (light out, etc) and get my 3 full stop landings. I even have a little syllabus which I use to make sure I am comfortable on all of the maneuvers.

~ Christopher

Back