NorCal Flyin 2013 April Edition

See? I'm not only a pilot, I'm also a stow away.

If I tried that, I'd overload the cargo....that's limited to 120 lb.

I was busy learning how not to manage mixture on an IO-360 at high density altitude, at Lee Vining. No, I didn't push it to full rich in the pattern (I know better than that). But I gave it a turn for best power in case of go-around, and it was too rich and quit during rollout, and wouldn't hot start.

Rookie mistake. That was the first time I took an injected engine to high DA.

Sorry this one didn't pan out. I ended up at Lake Almanor. It is a beautiful place with nice courtesy bikes to ride into town.

ydunuza6.jpg

ysumavab.jpg

Did anyone go?

I was at the first "display day" of the year at my airport.

The Piper Archer I fly was on display and I decided to take pictures.

See? I'm not only a pilot, I'm also a stow away.

IRhrDjc.jpg

Technically, our kind refer to your kind as "baggage."

Had a great time at KLLR. Winds were about 10 mph right down 29. About 20 people showed up. BBQ was in the big building so no wind. Even had a reporter from the local newspaper show up and took a number of pics for the newspaper. Pics to follow

Had a great time at KLLR. Winds were about 10 mph right down 29. About 20 people showed up. BBQ was in the big building so no wind. Even had a reporter from the local newspaper show up and took a number of pics for the newspaper. Pics to follow

Well, maybe next month. Sorry about that.

Bummed I missed this one y'all. But I was able to log a couple hours the day before. My hometown has a festival and street parade on 4/20, wound up drinking just the right amount of way too much pinot noir. Plus I saw a billy goat riding shotgun in a convertible Porsche, so the day was not a loss.

The look on your face in that one is priceless... it needs the caption...

"Where the hell are we, and why am I taking a picture of myself with this thing in my hand?!"

I read it as "oh jeez, I shouldn't have had that second burrito."

[Just kidding, John :) ]

Back