NorCal Flyin 2013 April Edition

John221us

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
John
No poll this time. We talked about joining the BBQ at LLR on April 20th. Is this still the consensus?

I'll be there. We're flying up Friday and staying at Wilma's Sea Cottage until Sunday. If you don't know about it, look it up on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/WilmasSeaCottage

It's a beautiful 2br home overlooking the ocean, includes a hangar at LLR and a mini van to use when you fly in.

Sorry to always be so last minute but I will know when I know!

Very long story. Bottom line I will either be there in my rental plane with a passenger or two, or I will be there in someone else's plane.

Hell I guess if I had to I could drive.

Sorry to always be so last minute but I will know when I know!

Very long story. Bottom line I will either be there in my rental plane with a passenger or two, or I will be there in someone else's plane.

Hell I guess if I had to I could drive.

It definately more fun to fly.

I planning on being there. Not sure if I'll be bringing any self loading ballast.

John, you folks will be missing one of the best fly-ins of the year and maybe more than just this year! :yes:

Check out all that is coming with more added all the time:
http://www.mojaveflyin.com/2013/

That does look fun, but I think it would be a stretch, distance wise, for many of us. I, myself, will probably need to rent that weekend, because my plane is scheduled to go in for annual.

The worlds Famous Chef Dave will BBQ pulled Pork with potato Salad and a soda for a $5.00 donation. And all the pilot talk is absolutely free!:yes: Plus you can join the Little River Pilots Association for more fun. Come on up and see us soon.

Last edited:
The worlds Famous Chef Dave will BBQ pulled Pork with potato Salad and a soda for a $5.00 donation. And all the pilot talk is absolutely free!:yes: Plus you can join the Little River Pilots Association for more fun. Come on up and see us soon.

I am looking forward to it, Rex.

Saturday, April 20, 2013. Little River (KLLR). Meeting at the Pilots Lounge 11:00 (unless otherwise determined).

Name Plane
John - John221us (solo) - Plane unknown
Kimberly (+ one?) - Plane unknown
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Craig Vincent - Plane unknown
John - Clear_prop - Archer III again, N651KC
Rex - Obar11 - Driving?

I have contact info for:
John - John221us
Kimberly
Sac Arrow
Craig Vincent
John - Clear_prop
Rex - Obar11

Anyone joining us; if you PM me your cell number I will send you mine.

Saturday, April 20, 2013. Little River (KLLR). Meeting at the Pilots Lounge 11:00 (unless otherwise determined).

Name Plane
Kimberly (+ one?) - Plane unknown
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Rex - Obar11 - Driving?

I have contact info for:
John - John221us
Kimberly
Sac Arrow
Craig Vincent
John - Clear_prop
Rex - Obar11

I'm a maybe at this point, I need to figure stuff out. I'll know a few days before.

My Bugatti is in the shop. As soon as my butler lets me know the status I'll let you know. I might take the VLJ instead of the Arrow.

My Bugatti is in the shop. As soon as my butler lets me know the status I'll let you know. I might take the VLJ instead of the Arrow.

Well I finally got my Fiat out today! But the Cherokee goes in for annual in the next week or so, so I will probably rent something. I am not type rated on a VLJ, so it will probably be an Arrow or an Archer. Can you even get a VLJ into LLR?

Well I finally got my Fiat out today! But the Cherokee goes in for annual in the next week or so, so I will probably rent something. I am not type rated on a VLJ, so it will probably be an Arrow or an Archer. Can you even get a VLJ into LLR?

Oh heck yeah, 5,200 feet. If you had a Cirrus Vision or Pioerjet (single engine VLJ's) you wouldn't need either a multi or a type rating. Too bad neither is in production yet.

Hopefully the Spider is fixed right.

Now I'm less sure, just got an email that Petaluma has two major events that morning. We shall see.

Name Plane
Kimberly (Maybe) - Plane unknown
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Rex - Obar11 - Driving?

I have contact info for:
John - John221us
Kimberly
Sac Arrow
Craig Vincent
John - Clear_prop
Rex - Obar11

I have been following this thread for a bit (as well as the others), it is very cool to see a group like this forming in NorCal. If the pre-buy goes well next week, I will try to join all of you soon. The KLLR trip is out as one of the partners on the plane is taking a check ride that day, but the next one would most definately go on my calendar.

Rick

I'll see if I can get a plane for the day and I'll be out there.

That would be great.

I have been following this thread for a bit (as well as the others), it is very cool to see a group like this forming in NorCal. If the pre-buy goes well next week, I will try to join all of you soon. The KLLR trip is out as one of the partners on the plane is taking a check ride that day, but the next one would most definately go on my calendar.

Rick

Hi Rick,
I hope you can make one soon. We have had good attendance at the last two. Do you fly out of Cameron Park?

Hi Rick,
I hope you can make one soon. We have had good attendance at the last two. Do you fly out of Cameron Park?

No, I wish, the parnership is based at SAC. If I would have bought on my own (which still might happen), I would have choosen PVF. Cameron Park is full, no tie downs, no hangars. Many of the tie downs have been converted to RV storage, you almost have to buy a house to get a hangar.

Rick

No, I wish, the parnership is based at SAC. If I would have bought on my own (which still might happen), I would have choosen PVF. Cameron Park is full, no tie downs, no hangars. Many of the tie downs have been converted to RV storage, you almost have to buy a house to get a hangar.

Rick

I bought my plane from Placerville. Funky runway, but it is a nice area. I have heard hangars were hard to get in Cameron Park. I didn't know tie downs were too. Bummer.

Hey John and all, I'm bummed that I can't make it to this one, it's a place I really want to fly in to. Next one for certain!:yes:

Name Plane
John - John221us (solo) - Archer
Kimberly (Maybe, maybe not) - Plane unknown
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Rex - Obar11 - Driving?
Rick - RYoung99 - (Maybe)

I have contact info for:
John - John221us
Kimberly
Sac Arrow
Craig Vincent
John - Clear_prop
Rex - Obar11

I won't make this one, but I should make the next one. Meeting the partnership on Friday to finalize the deal, by this time Friday I should be a plane owner!

Also, if there are any Sacramento pilots, I have a new AOPA Jay simulator on the way to my house. The scenario training appeared to good to pass up. We teach our kids to share, so that means I would be happy to entertain anyone who would like a first hand look, it should be here by 4/26.

Rick

I'm kind of iffy about it too - I have a few things going on this weekend. I'll give you a heads up one way or the other on Saturday.

Saturday, April 20, 2013. Little River (KLLR). Meeting at the Pilots Lounge 11:00 (unless otherwise determined). Things are looking pretty thin, now.

Name Plane
John - John221us (solo) - Archer
Kimberly (Maybe, maybe not) - Plane unknown
Sac Arrow (maybe) - Arrow
Rex - Obar11 - Driving?

I have contact info for:
John - John221us
Kimberly
Sac Arrow
Craig Vincent
John - Clear_prop
Rex - Obar11

I just looked at the forecast for Saturday and it looks a little windy:

Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 55F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.

I just looked at the forecast for Saturday and it looks a little windy:

Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 55F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.

The weather report has not improved. I am going to have to find another place to fly.

Doable, especially if it lines up enough with the runway, but I am guessing the BBQ is outdoors. It doesn't sound pleasant.

Oh, yeah... good point. That would suck major hobby horse.

Okay I'm bagging it. I have this intensive ride tomorrow.

I'm taking a date flying! Not to KLLR though. Have fun everyone. My airport is having TWO events that morning so I won't be there.

Did anyone go?

I was at the first "display day" of the year at my airport.

The Piper Archer I fly was on display and I decided to take pictures.

See? I'm not only a pilot, I'm also a stow away.

IRhrDjc.jpg

Back