Non-Equity Partnership-Long Island

tonykdr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TonyKDR
After taking my family on a day trip and having a whopping 73kt ground speed, my wife (who isn't fond of flying) told me I have to get into something faster. So I figure I would put it out there. I'm looking into getting into a non-equity partnership in something faster than a 172. I did this with a Mooney a few years back, and it worked well until the plane was sold. I am instrument rated and have about 50 hrs complex. I'm hoping to find something at either ISP or FRG, but I could go to HWV if need be. I have a few ME hours, but stopped the training due to lack of access to a multi, so I would possibly be interested in finishing that. I understand that any insurance/ training would be at my cost. Hope to hear from someone as the typical websites don't really have anything listed.

Ventura at FRG has a Mooney for rent....

Mooney M20J

Rate $199/hr
[Show picture list]
placeholder.gif
mooney-ext-1.jpg

Mooney M20J Specifications

Seats: 4
Cruise Speed: 152 kts
Range: 861 nm
Horsepower: 200 hp
Equipment: Garmin G-500 Glass Cockpit, Garmin GNS-430 GPS
Useful Load: 1100 lbs

Yea, I have some time in that plane as well. I'm not crazy about rentals, but if need be...

Looks like you're paying at least $50 an hour premium for the glass in that Mooney.

The problem with renting out of FRG is the rentals are hobbs, and I have sat there waiting to takeoff for 45+ minutes. It gets expensive with the engine running while standing still, especially at $200+ an hour. If all I can find is rentals, I will have to deal with it, but I would prefer another option.

The problem with renting out of FRG is the rentals are hobbs, and I have sat there waiting to takeoff for 45+ minutes. It gets expensive with the engine running while standing still, especially at $200+ an hour. If all I can find is rentals, I will have to deal with it, but I would prefer another option.
Yea it's tough now that the weather is getting a lot nicer. If renting is the only possibility I would try to fly as early as possible before the rush hour.

Back