No, this was not a dream...KSGJ

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
Saturday morning I made a 1:45 minute flight from my Atlanta area airport (where I paid $3.70 for SS) to St. Augustine, FL KSGJ to visit some friends. This is a towered airport with ~8000' runway. As I got close to the FBO a "Follow Me" golf cart came into view to guide me right to the front of Aero Sport, the FBO. The young lady driving the cart was very friendly and helped get our bags into the FBO. A fuel truck pulled in front to see if I needed fuel before we'd even finished unloading. Inside, the FBO was absolutely first class and full of more friendly employees. A couple of them brought our bags to our friend's car parked out front. Also there is a very nice restaurant with an aerobatics theme right next to the FBO where we had lunch. Oh, and here's the good part, the FS fuel was $2.57 per gallon incl. all taxes, and they didn't charge a dime for 2 nights of tie down.:goofy:
The attached picture taken on Saturday is from the side of the FBO's building. Please feel free to show it to your freindly FBO.
When I see postings about Teterboro at 5 bucks a gallon, I'm very glad to show that all first rate FBO's don't have that attitude to us piston pushers.
And by the way St. Augustine was a very nice place to visit.

Lance F said:
And by the way St. Augustine was a very nice place to visit.

By the way, it's a place where you can take a taxi into town for an unusually small charge.

Gary Sortor said:
By the way, it's a place where you can take a taxi into town for an unusually small charge.

A fun place also for renting a scooter and motoring around Old Town. :)

Back