No new mergers :/

They will all fall under the McCaskill-Bond statute which became law in 2007 which will eliminate the problem.

Right. What should happen is all those AA pilots who royally took the TWA pilots should get a taste of karma. Staple them all to the bottom of the list, just like they so gladly went for 10 years ago.

I see where the White House is saying they weren't involved in the decision.

Cue Obama press conference saying he found out about it like all the rest of us on the news, in 3... 2... 1...

Right. What should happen is all those AA pilots who royally took the TWA pilots should get a taste of karma. Staple them all to the bottom of the list, just like they so gladly went for 10 years ago.

Not remotely the same thing.

TWA, while a grand old carrier and an important part of American aviation history, was dead-broke, literally hours from shutdown. It was not a merger, it was an asset buy.

Honestly, it sucked, but when a solvent carrier buys the assets of a dea one, should the pilots of the solvent outfit sacrifice in the process?

Food for thought; I have no dog in this hunt.

my favorite flight attendant PA call: "We know you had your choice of bankrupt carriers today and we're glad you chose delta"

Anyone else motive the irony that the same people who said AIG and big banks were "too big to fail" and rescued them, without requiring them to divest, are suddenly concerned that four big airlines would control 80% of air travel?

Not to mention approving the previous mergers that inevitably led to this, and providing guaranteed loans to all players after 9/11.

I guess AAs campaign donation check bounced? JP Morgan's and Goldman's cashed.

Anyone else motive the irony that the same people who said AIG and big banks were "too big to fail" and rescued them, without requiring them to divest, are suddenly concerned that four big airlines would control 80% of air travel?

Not to mention approving the previous mergers that inevitably led to this, and providing guaranteed loans to all players after 9/11.

I guess AAs campaign donation check bounced? JP Morgan's and Goldman's cashed.

Look at the political leanings of the home states of AA, and US, then ask that again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If so, how are they able to obtain clean GAAP opinions on their audited financials?

Traditional accounting definitions departed from the Wall Street crowd long ago.

when AA get their "donation" and bundled "gifts" in to the DNC, this merger will be approved at light speed.

Bill Baer, head of the Justice Department’s antitrust unit, suggested that specific remedies the airlines could offer—landing slots, gates, and service pledges on specific routes—may not be sufficient to make the deal palatable. Still, Baer said, he was open to any useful ideas the airlines might present for a settlement.

Geez, you banana republic graft-meister, why don't you just name your price, and the offshore acct to deposit the mordida in? No need to be cryptic anymore, we all know the plan is for the DOJ to get it's slice of the pie.

What a tool.

Not remotely the same thing.

TWA, while a grand old carrier and an important part of American aviation history, was dead-broke, literally hours from shutdown. It was not a merger, it was an asset buy.

Honestly, it sucked, but when a solvent carrier buys the assets of a dea one, should the pilots of the solvent outfit sacrifice in the process?

Food for thought; I have no dog in this hunt.

Do you honestly think US Air was in any better shape before Am West stepped in ? How much longer could United have kept going on without Continental's much more adroit management ? Both US Air and United Pilots had "Career expectations" pretty much in line with the pilots of TWA - and that was "Welcome to Walmart, would you like a shopping cart today ?" .

While the dust-up between the pilots is semi-important to us, it's not even remotely on the radar of the DOJ when they toss the sand in the gears. They're all about fares, and gates, and fees, and access, and other issues related to customer side.

As for the pilots seniority I say we put the two union heads in Thunderdome. Two go in, one comes out, and that's the way things play out.

While the dust-up between the pilots is semi-important to us, it's not even remotely on the radar of the DOJ when they toss the sand in the gears. They're all about fares, and gates, and fees, and access, and other issues related to customer side.

Really.

It's all about the consumer when 4 airlines would control 80%, but during the mergers leading up to that one, it's all peachy as they set the stage for it and let 5 and 6 merge?

LOL. They're not that shortsighted and stupid. This is about punishment. That's what this Administration does. It's not good enough to beat your enemy, you must make sure they're punished for even trying.

I'm going with Spike's theory about where the companies are from.

Drain every possible dollar from anywhere that disagrees with your ideals at EVERY opportunity. It's hardball Chicago style politics. They know nothing else.

Don't just stop your enemy. Take every possible opportunity to destroy him financially.

IRS, anyone?

Really.

It's all about the consumer when 4 airlines would control 80%, but during the mergers leading up to that one, it's all peachy as they set the stage for it and let 5 and 6 merge?

LOL. They're not that shortsighted and stupid. This is about punishment. That's what this Administration does. It's not good enough to beat your enemy, you must make sure they're punished for even trying.

I'm going with Spike's theory about where the companies are from.

Drain every possible dollar from anywhere that disagrees with your ideals at EVERY opportunity. It's hardball Chicago style politics. They know nothing else.

Don't just stop your enemy. Take every possible opportunity to destroy him financially.

IRS, anyone?

Of course it's about punishment! Read my first post in the thread, and every other post after. This goes under the heading of Big Fat Duh! What it's not about is pilot seniority. Back to post 50 for you. :D

Last edited:
Of course it's about punishment! Read my first post in the thread, and every other post after. This goes under the heading of Big Fat Duh! What it's not about is pilot seniority. Back to post 50 for you. :D

I agreed with that when I first saw it. Why do you think Continental was FORCED to merge with a very large financially on the ropes carrier based in Chicago ?

I agreed with that when I first saw it. Why do you think Continental was FORCED to merge with a very large financially on the ropes carrier based in Chicago ?

According to CAL CEO they wouldn't have survived with out it as stated by him to the DOJ. They needed UALs cash and larger route network.

Back