Nimoy passes away at 83

Prosper. He lived long.

Bummer, it'll be interesting to see if they put something in the next Star Trek movie to kill him off. I saw he went into the hospital the other day.

Spock_E6B_02.jpg

:(

Star Trek II was my favorite movie as a kid and I remember always wanting to be more like Spock.

"He's dead, Jim"

:(

Loved the original series.

Eighty three is youthful for a Vulcan, but a good run for a human in any epoch. Tailwinds.

He got beamed up one last time.

I read his last tweet. Kind of cool.

ST was one of my favorites as a kid. It was the only show my parents would let me stay up until 11:15 to watch on Saturday nights.

For a show that didn't last long, there were a lot of sci-fi things they had that eventually came to fruition. And the way the cast conducted themselves in their private/public lives reflects well on them.

Very sad. For some reason, his death really touches me. Always liked Star Trek, in particular the original series and the Next Generation...

Warp speed on your journey to the final frontier. You will be missed.:(

P.S.-

No matter what you said, or anybody else said, from about 1967 on to this day, you are Spock and we are all very grateful that you brought this character to life for millions, of people. :D:thumbsup:

Really strange to find out that he was the uncle of one of my former classmates in HS. I had no idea.

Spock was from the planet Vulcan. Vulcan was a planet thought to be discovered between mercury and the sun. Several well respected scientics and astronomers claimed to have seen Vulcan. The hysteria was so overwhelming any neigh sayers were laughed at and ridiculed as "non believers". The creators of Star Trek though they would use the make believe planet Vulcan as Spock's home to further the story of the "mythical" planet.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(hypothetical_planet)

Planet Vulcan ( or the lack of it) led to Einstein to the theory of general relativity.

Last edited:
Warp speed on your journey to the final frontier. You will be missed.:(

P.S.-

No matter what you said, or anybody else said, from about 1967 on to this day, you are Spock and we are all very grateful that you brought this character to life for millions, of people. :D:thumbsup:

Futurama pointed that out a few years back, he even made fun of it.:lol:

But Spock hasn't been born yet - right? So how can he be dead?
I'm confused. Time traveling is hard to understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spock was from the planet Vulcan. Vulcan was a planet thought to be discovered between mercury and the sun. Several well respected scientics and astronomers claimed to have seen Vulcan. The hysteria was so overwhelming any neigh sayers were laughed at and ridiculed as "non believers". The creators of Star Trek though they would use the make believe planet Vulcan as Spock's home to further the story of the "mythical" planet.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(hypothetical_planet)

Planet Vulcan ( or the lack of it) led to Einstein to the theory of general relativity.

Precession of Mercury was not the motivation for GR, but rather one bit of compelling evidence for it. GR is a consequence of assuming Gravity is equivalent to acceleration. Another early one was the Eddington eclipse expedition, which measured gravitational aberration.

Precession of Mercury was not the motivation for GR, but rather one bit of compelling evidence for it. GR is a consequence of assuming Gravity is equivalent to acceleration. Another early one was the Eddington eclipse expedition, which measured gravitational aberration.

Thanks for the clarification. Now, can someone explain it to me?

Rest in peace, Leonard Nimoy. You made us believe; you made logic cool; you were talented, charismatic, and dignified to the end.

ooterry-llap.jpg

International Space Station astronaut Terry Virts (@AstroTerry) tweeted this image of a Vulcan hand salute from orbit as a tribute to actor Leonard Nimoy, who died on Friday, Feb. 27, 2015.

OMG! I didn't know an E6-B worked in other star-systems... whataya know?

I used a template on the back side of the E-6B to adjust for celestial motion due to aircraft heading and groundspeed during CelNav (Celstial Navigation).

Why would Spock do any different?

Back