Night Current

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
I'm night current again. Did some pattern work last night. It is so beautiful out there on a clear late fall night. And the landings are so easy. The freaking climb rate is off the charts, too, on cold nights and low weights!

All this is in anticipation of a trip I hope to be able to do this coming weekend from Baltimore to Massachusetts and back. I have a bad feeling that ice may thwart it, and then I will have to take a car.

I love night flying too. Its so calm, most of the D-spaces start to disappear and the view of a full moon reflecting of a lake is priceless. Welcome to the club.

Well Ben , I Hope you can make your teip to Mass. Flying up from Balt. should be a nice flight. Wave as you go over Harrisburg area maybe i'll se you.And by the way i love flying at night,but the veiw over the mountains are nicer in daylight .
Dave G.

Working on my IR and we typically get together after work. With the sun setting around 4:30 PM these days and we don't launch until some time after 5:30 I'm night current for the first time in about 4 years. Don't ask about the view. With his hood or my foggles it looks about the same as during the day. :D Just the view taking off and landing is different.

Back