"Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian" - lots of aviation!

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I just saw the trailer for "Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian". (I thought the first one was a bomb that did lousy business but I guess it did good enough to make a sequel.)

Besides having President Lincoln talking from his seat in his memorial, they have Orville and Wilbur flying the Wright Flyer inside.

Looks like they do a lot at the National Air and Space museum:

Re: Happy Wright Bros. Day!

Hey, thanks for the head's up, Mike!

In the second video, first scene from the movie, the actor walking away is wearing my flight gear, and my Dad's helmet! Good to see my effort to get real props in the movie actually made the cut. :smile:

That lady is Amelia Earhart.

Clint Howard is in NASA mission control again as in "Apollo 13."

I didn't spot Charles Lindberg. If that's the Spirit of St. Louis it's the wrong color.

Last edited:
That lady is Amelia Earhart.

I didn't spot Charles Lindberg. It that's the Spirit of St. Louis it's the wrong color.

The red one? That's not the Spirit, "Amelia" says it was one of her planes.

Hey, thanks for the head's up, Mike!

In the second video, first scene from the movie, the actor walking away is wearing my flight gear, and my Dad's helmet! Good to see my effort to get real props in the movie actually made the cut. :smile:

OK, I have got to hear the story behind you and your gear...

OK, I have got to hear the story behind you and your gear...

My brother worked on the film. When he found out he got this film, he put out feelers to the aviators in the family for authentic props. My Dad's Vietnam-era helmet when he was a squadron CO, and my flight gear and patches from my first squadron tour in Hornets in the early 90's made the cut for the role known as 'TOPGUN Pilot' (My helmet is supposedly in the background somewhere on a shelf). My wife's Air Transport Command and airline stuff was returned with a 'Thanks, but no.' :smile:

Last edited:
Back