Nice visit to 08MO (Twin Oaks)

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Yesterday was a beautiful day here so I broke out the Extra to shake the rust off a little bit. I ran up to Missouri and dropped in on Tom and Diana up at Twin Oaks (mostly just to watch her taxi the Citabria around with only one brake.) :D It's the first time I've taken the Extra in to the farm.

We sat out by the runway in the sun and had a great visit. I thought some of you might enjoy listening to the Extra in this video Tom shot when I left. Gawd, I love that sound!

www.tailwindfoundation.org/videos/extra_300_at_twin_oaks.wmv

ps. Yes, there is an aerobatic box over Twin Oaks and the airspace is wavered.

gibbons said:
Gawd, I love that sound!

... a sound I cannot wait to hear again, in the skies over northwest Arkansas!

gibbons said:
I ran up to Missouri and dropped in on Tom and Diana up at Twin Oaks (mostly just to watch her taxi the Citabria around with only one brake.) :D
LOL! Yes, and did you notice how long it took for me to get out after Tom yelled at me while he was holding the strut while I taxied? It was a lot more fun watching YOU hang on to the strut running along side the airplane.

gibbons said:
It's the first time I've taken the Extra in to the farm.
I'm just sorry I missed that landing. ;)

gibbons said:
I thought some of you might enjoy listening to the Extra in this video Tom shot when I left. Gawd, I love that sound!
It sounds even better in real life. :)

Here are a few pictures of the Extra on the taxiway.

Attachments

• chip_and_diana_small.jpg
    chip_and_diana_small.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 43
  • chip_and_tom_small.jpg
    chip_and_tom_small.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 40
Sounds awesome - is it my imagination or what the video shot in Infrared or something? Looks like a crazy acid trip. Heh.

I see grass...almost green grass...is it real? I haven't seen grass since November...

And nice video! Sounds good to me! (One day maybe I'll be able to do that too...)

terry of the still frozen tundra

terzap said:
I see grass...almost green grass...is it real? I haven't seen grass since November...
Terry, the really green stuff is winter wheat...LOVE that stuff!

Attachments

• EXTRAA~1.JPG
    EXTRAA~1.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 28
  • EXTRAA~2.JPG
    EXTRAA~2.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 29
  • EXTRAA~3.JPG
    EXTRAA~3.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 28
Diana said:
Terry, the really green stuff is winter wheat...LOVE that stuff!

I didn't think the Extra was parked on wheat and admit I didn't look beyond the color. :) I am going to put these pics on my desktop. I realize I am going to be seeing thousands of acres of wheat (and beans and beets and millet and corn) soon enough, flying over eastern North Dakota, but that won't be until May or June at least. All we grow this time of year are icicles.

I AM going to come and visit there one of these days.

thanks for the extra pics!

terry

A few more lessons and you'll get the hang of it. Don't despair, it took me a while to get to where I could hold it straight and level, too.

gibbons said:
Yesterday was a beautiful day here so I broke out the Extra to shake the rust off a little bit.

Looks like fun. Did you have the plane painted? And, I don't remember spades on there last year...

Bill Jennings said:
Looks like fun. Did you have the plane painted? And, I don't remember spades on there last year...
Bill,

I had someone apply vinyl graphics. I wanted something that could be removed when I sell the airplane. Sometimes I like 'em, sometimes not. The spades have always been there.

Chip

gibbons said:
I had someone apply vinyl graphics. I wanted something that could be removed when I sell the airplane. Sometimes I like 'em, sometimes not. The spades have always been there.

OK, 1 for 2 on powers of observation :rolleyes:

Back