Nice to Meet You All - 20 Hour Student

Scott Coady

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ScottC
I have have been lurking here while I began my training and loving how supportive this community is to new pilots. So I registered to become a member today and would like to introduce myself to you all.

My name is Scott Coady. I am 55 years old and began my training in August fulfilling a life long dream to become a pilot. My dad had a Piper Cub before I was born and flew it last with my mom when she was 7 month pregnant with me. He couldn't afford to fly after I was born. My first memory in life was that yellow plane in the garage with the wings off. When I get my license, I plan to go pick him up and take him for a ride. I have about 20 hours so far and did my supervised solos last week. Yesterday, I rented the plane and flew it all by myself with no CFI in site and flew out 20 min to my house to wave to my wife standing in the back yard and flew back and landed safely after one go around due to being too high on approach. I want to fly everything that can fly and am still amazed that these things actually fly (old school 172) and am loving the whole experience. My ambition is to become twin engine, high performance, and IFR rated one day. I dream of having my own plane one day and flying for pleasure and to see clients (I am consultant).

It is a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to a life long adventure of learning and fun.

Welcome and good luck on following your dream. I enjoy every flight and every different airplane.

Welcome! I'm not too far ahead of you. Absorb as much as you can from the CFI (and your dad) and enjoy every flight. There will be some very frustrating moments if you're like most of us students. Take them in stride knowing that you'll have another chance to improve on the next flight...

Enjoy enjoy looks like your not too far from finishing go for it keep pushing and just bang it out! Welcome to this addicting website.

A bit south of you, fly out of KTOA. Also 55, and about the same hours. Haven't solo'd yet, keep trying to land on that imaginary runway that's 5' higher than the real one (flaring too early) - but did 15 landings at KHHR yesterday (no pattern at KTOA on Sundays) and managed to not bounce the Tobago more than I did bounce - so getting there :)

Welcome sir! That must have felt awesome to flyby and wave at the wife. Very neat

A bit south of you, fly out of KTOA. Also 55, and about the same hours. Haven't solo'd yet, keep trying to land on that imaginary runway that's 5' higher than the real one (flaring too early) - but did 15 landings at KHHR yesterday (no pattern at KTOA on Sundays) and managed to not bounce the Tobago more than I did bounce - so getting there :)
Thanks for the nice note. KTOA is where my dad flew out of back in 1956/57. I have logged 90 landings in my 20 hours. Seemed like I started getting that flare thing right after about 70 of them. Keep going. You'll get it.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Hope to see you "up there."

Scott

Welcome Scott. :cheers:

Enjoy the journey. There is a lot to learn, but that is what makes it fun. I never get tire of flying. Keep it interesting & challenging by bonding with other aviators. Plan on attending Oshkosh to get a good picture of the aviation community. Its a hoot. ;)

Welcome!

I began my flight training two years ago after my wife gave me one of those "Discovery Flight Certificates" for my 52nd birthday.

Now, two years later, I am the proud owner of a 2010 Jabiru J230, a twenty-year aircraft loan, a hangar lease, and more!

This is how my wife often feels about her choice of birthday gifts: :mad2:

This is now I generally feel these days: :goofy:

Welcome! Good luck with your training.

Back